Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Australian Business Directory

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Please review http://KangarooBiz.com, the site is getting a lot of traffic from Google for listed businesses so I want to add more features to it to make it more useful for small businesses.

Its a very basic kind of business directory but more and more people are adding their businesses to this site each day and that is encouraging me to add new features.

Please review or critique the site, any feedback is welcome :)

1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)

The main function of the website, the business model

2. What does your business do?
    Provide free platform for promoting small businesses

3. Who is your target market?
    Small business owners

4. What specific concerns do you have?
    Lack of features on site. Whether business owners find it useful or not. If not, why?

Anonymous
    Up

Hi there ozman,

As mentioned in the guidelines above, please help out any would be reviewers by supplying the answers to the following questions.

Quote:
    1. What needs reviewing? (i.e. logo, website, idea etc…)
    2. What does your business do?
    3. Who is your target market?
    4. What specific concerns do you have?

The more effort you put into your post, the more meaningful the feedback will be.

Good luck for your review,
    Jayne

Anonymous
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 128777 wrote:
    Hi there ozman,

As mentioned in the guidelines above, please help out any would be reviewers by supplying the answers to the following questions.

The more effort you put into your post, the more meaningful the feedback will be.

Good luck for your review,
    Jayne

Sorry. I have made the required changes to my original post.

inkable
    • Total posts: 129
    Up

I think you could use some CSS Love on the listing pages. Maybe some bolder fonts for the field titles and consistent spacing on the lines. Consider putting the map to the right of the address and content entry.

Generally I think your site header is a bit too long. Why not put your logo menu and slogan all in one header at the top. The current configuration requires scrolling down the page to even see the links and content. Also remember to keep some safety margin around the logo and other page elements it all looks a little crowded right now.

I will go setup an account and give you some feedback on that process.

inkable
    • Total posts: 129
    Up

Ok I just signed up. I my biggest peev is that our logo was stretched. This is a big issue. I uploaded a 400 x 400px image (which was the size recommend) but the logo was still stretched. This makes us look unprofessional and would make us think twice about the listing. Ideally if you had a way to allow image preview and cropping that would be the most ideal. I think this seems to be an issue for everyone as all of the listings have stretched images. Overall it makes me feel like this is a low quality site with low quality listings.

Regarding the listing itself I think it is great that you allow HTML. Can I embed images if hosted on my server?

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    inkable, post: 128797 wrote:
    Ok I just signed up. I my biggest peev is that our logo was stretched. This is a big issue. I uploaded a 400 x 400px image (which was the size recommend) but the logo was still stretched. This makes us look unprofessional and would make us think twice about the listing. Ideally if you had a way to allow image preview and cropping that would be the most ideal. I think this seems to be an issue for everyone as all of the listings have stretched images. Overall it makes me feel like this is a low quality site with low quality listings.I agree.

Design wise, it’s a pretty low quality looking site. Because of this, it looks spammy and I would not list my businesses there.

I don’t get the news links.

Cheers,

Matt

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Sorry but Matt & ink are right, it does look like a bit of a spammers honeypot.

Steve

Anonymous
    Up

Thanks for the feedback.

I am aware of the design issues but as I stated in the questionnaire, I am interested in enhancing the functionality of the site at the moment.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.