Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Australian Made labelling –

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Oz Compliance
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

This is best described as a …Brilliant Idea ……..that needs your input as I may be floggging the proverbial Dead Horse.

Currently My main business is Outdoor Advertising…. which can make a man dream of greater things….so I did!

This latest venture grew (pun intended) from a failed attempt to corner the Garlic Growing industry some 10 years ago when I discovered that the main stream logos of “Australian Made” actually disadvantage Australian producers and Manufactures the most.
    Foreigners have much more to gain from such things as “Australian Made” for example.

Fast forward to today and Its now time to get this leaden bird into the sky.

I have a better way of saying just how Australian or Authentically Australian your manufactured goods or produce is in regard to Australian Content, Ownership, Manufacture and Packing. I call it the Buy Australian Logo

1. What needs reviewing?
    The logo, website, the basic idea in general…better to kill off a bad idea early??

2. What does your business do?
    We offer a new logo that is best described as an “Australian Authenticity” Logo which is a Truth in Labelling Alternative to “Australian Made” and “Ausbuy”.
    Think “Country of Origin Labelling”.

3. Who is your target market?
    Any manufacturer or Producer who is currently using or considering using either of the
    main stream logos by “Australian Made”or “Ausbuy”.

4. What specific concerns do you have?
    Ask yourself why there are now Five (5) variants of the Green and Gold Kangaroo logo and
    Three (3) Ausbuy.
    They all look exactly the same, except for the “Descriptor” under each by which they mean
    vastly different things…..from nearly Australian…Just …… to Almost All Australian .

Thanks for your time. Please stop by the Community Reviews and check out the web site.

Regards

Brett
    http://www.buyaustralianlogo.com.au/australian-made.html
    http://www.buyaustralianlogo.com.au

Brent Van Der Wel
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    ::

Hi Brett, I like the concept. Accuracy of labelling seems to have always been an issue in Australia. I do wonder what other people think of whether buying ‘Australian’ products is a major issue for them. I can, however see how easily consumers are misled.

I found the site is generally easy to navigate. I like the comparison of labels in particular.

I wonder whether a greater focus on getting consumers involved would help to build your brand? I would of imagined that social networking would be perfect in this situation?

Good luck!

Brent.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.