Home Forums Logistics Australian Port Charges

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anna V
    • Total posts: 2

Hi folks,

I just wanted to get the opinion of members here who have experience with Australian Port Charges. I’m a beginner and don’t have much knowledge.

I am importing 2.5 CBM of cargo from the USA and my shipment will be arriving in Brisbane.

I asked for a quote from a customs broker to clear the shipment and as part of the quote was the following charge:

AUSTRALIAN PORT CHARGES: AUD490.84

When I asked about this charge the reply was:

“Port/Terminal/depot/unpack etc charges from the co-loader are based on CBM @ $195.00/cbm.”

Does this sound about right for a 2.5 CBM LCL shipment from the USA arriving to Brisbane?

I sincerely appreciate any assistance or advice.

Thank you,
    Anna

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,127

Hi Anna,

Hopefully some helpful members will be along soon with some advice to point you in the right direction.

Cheers

Dash Freight
    Participant
    • Total posts: 91

Hi Anna

The charges are probably correct and reasonable. You are lucky you did not get slugged for more. My advice to all importers is;

1. Ask the supplier to quote the goods on the basis of FOB or EXW. These are the incoterms. In your case they quoted DAT. I urge you not to get DAT unless you are an experienced importer. there is not much upside for the buyer!
    2.get a quote from an Australian Freight agent/broker/forwarder, based on FOB or EXW

I hope that answers your question

Rob Dash E: rob@dashfreight.com.au M: 61 423 136 053 Quotes: https://tinyurl.com/yae7tbj6 S: live:rd2221
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.