Home – New Forums Selling online Australian Standards when importing clothing from China

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    samaraj
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi all I am new to the site.

Wanting to start a small baby clothing business selling mainly on social media. I am trying to find what the Australian Standards for importing baby/childrens clothing from China so I wont waste my time communicating with suppliers who do not comply. I have googled this but still struggling to find exactly what I am looking for.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi there,

Welcome to Flying Solo! I can’t help you personally, but hopefully one of our members has experience in this area.

Best of luck :)

Dave

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Heres a start, but you may want to contact Australian standards as well

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/product-safety-laws/safety-standards-bans/mandatory-standards

Easysmb
    • Total posts: 84
    Up

Hi Samaraj
    You will need one custom broker in the end, talk to some customer brokers to find advise and also evaluate your potential custom broker who can really help you.

samaraj
    Up
    Dave – FS Concierge, post: 237688, member: 49676 wrote:
    Hi there,

Welcome to Flying Solo! I can’t help you personally, but hopefully one of our members has experience in this area.

Best of luck :)

Dave
    Thankyou very much!

samaraj
    Up
    bb1, post: 237690, member: 53375 wrote:
    Heres a start, but you may want to contact Australian standards as well

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/product-safety-laws/safety-standards-bans/mandatory-standards
    Thanks for the link, thats what i had found when researching this also but i may have to give them a call as i am looking for specific information on materials that can/cannot be used, dyes etc.

samaraj
    Up
    Easysmb, post: 237766, member: 80732 wrote:
    Hi Samaraj
    You will need one custom broker in the end, talk to some customer brokers to find advise and also evaluate your potential custom broker who can really help you.
    Where is the best place to find a reliable broker?
    OrangeCoke
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi Samaraj, my friend has been importing baby clothes from China for a while. If you are interested, please send me a message. :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.