Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Australia’s first high tech whisky distillery says hey!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    molly1717
    • Total posts: 24
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,

I’ve used this site once or twice and really appreciate this as a resource – so thanks to everyone who gets involved. My primary job is as a writer/digital content creator so hopefully I can contribute at some point.

I am also one of the founders of Deviant Distillery, based on Hobart, Tasmania. It aims to be Australia’s first high tech whisky distillery and has produced the technology to age whisky quickly – in weeks, not years! This is the first time this technology has been created in Australia :) Essentially it’s spirit maturation technology – and in case you’re wondering – no, we don’t add any ingredients or additives – it’s all natural ingredient’s like any good single malt whisky. The technology simply acts to recreate and speed up the natural barrel ageing process and has been invented by a scientist & distiller.

If you’re interested in what we do – get in touch! [email protected]

We also plan to launch our social media pages too!

Thanks! Look forward to spending more time in this forum if I can help!

Gilda

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Gilda,

We need to be friends, whiskey good friends ;)

Welcome

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Rohan@TD
    • Total posts: 164
    Up

G’day Gilda,

Get a landing page (with a newsletter signup) and social media account up as quickly as possible. It will help you drum up interest and collect subscribers you can market once you have everything together.

I was down in Tassie in June enjoying some of the states finest, it’ll be good to compare with the ‘high tech’ version.

Rohan

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you!

The technology sounds incredible.

I would love to hear your thoughts on whether the market will accept it?

Cheers

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 237233, member: 78928 wrote:

It sounds like Jason is on board

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    Up
    bb1, post: 237234, member: 53375 wrote:
    It sounds like Jason is on board
    And every business needs it’s first customer!
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 237236, member: 78928 wrote:
    And every business needs it’s first customer!
    Always happy to lend an eager palette to get things, just right ;)
    Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    molly1717
    Up
    LucasArthur, post: 237237, member: 34537 wrote:
    Always happy to lend an eager palette to get things, just right ;)
    If you’re ever in Hobart let me know :)
    molly1717
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 237233, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you!

The technology sounds incredible.

Cheers

Hey [USER=78928]@Paul – FS Concierge[/USER] and others! Great question as to whether the market will accept it. There’s lots I could say on this point but in a nutshell – for starters our market will be a younger demographic – the 25 – 35 crowd – who are a lot more used to science and tech based companies and products. Secondly, marketing position will be really important for our success – we need to position as still being handcrafted (doing our own mashing, fermenting, distilling – which plenty of other boutique distilleries don’t actually do!!) whilst finishing and crafting with technology – it all comes down to marketing this well. Thirdly, someone has a similar(ish) technology in the states which is in demand by distilleries showing a need (although also a competitor..) Fourthly, there aren’t any real “cool” whiskies for young people out there in the single malt range – hence we are doing comic book labels.

Any questions: hit me up! [email protected]

molly1717
    Up
    Rohan@TD, post: 237217, member: 78618 wrote:
    G’day Gilda,

Get a landing page (with a newsletter signup) and social media account up as quickly as possible. It will help you drum up interest and collect subscribers you can market once you have everything together.

I was down in Tassie in June enjoying some of the states finest, it’ll be good to compare with the ‘high tech’ version.

Rohan

Hey Rohan, we’re working on this!!! I agree and thanks for the tip!! We’ll welcome you at our distillery when it launches! cheers

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    Up

Hi Molly,

i don’t think I am giving too much away to say that one of our members, Dan Norris has embarked on creating a craft beer brand called Black Hops.

He is an online maven and is trying to take some lessons learned online and translate them to his new brand. And he is telling the Black Hops story online. He has the same demographic as you.

Might be worth a look. http://blackhops.com.au/

molly1717
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 237287, member: 78928 wrote:
    Hi Molly,

i don’t think I am giving too much away to say that one of our members, Dan Norris has embarked on creating a craft beer brand called Black Hops.

He is an online maven and is trying to take some lessons learned online and translate them to his new brand. And he is telling the Black Hops story online. He has the same demographic as you.

Might be worth a look. http://blackhops.com.au/

Hey, great thanks – I’ve actually heard of them before – possibly when researching alcohol crowd funding campaigns – but I’ll see what they get up to in more details. Cheers!

Rohan@TD
    • Total posts: 164
    Up

Comic book similar to tequila espolon? I’m looking forward to tracking how this develops. Good luck

molly1717
    Up
    Rohan@TD, post: 237293, member: 78618 wrote:
    Comic book similar to tequila espolon? I’m looking forward to tracking how this develops. Good luck

I think that brand is awesome but it will look quite different, and in full colour :) Not revealing our labels yet but happy to keep you posted!

molly1717
    Up

Hi everyone,

We’ve recently launched our social media so if you’d like to stay in touch – follow us on Facebook (there’s also email signup on FB and our website if you prefer).

https://www.facebook.com/deviantdistillery/

Thanks for your interest!

Gilda

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.