Home – New Forums Tech talk Automatically sync e-commerce website and MYOB accounting system

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    stevemo
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Does anyone know how I can automatically sync my e-commerce website with my MYOB AccountRight Premier accounting system?

I require online orders from my ecommerce website to be processed automatically into my MYOB accounting system, without the time consuming effort of having to type each order in manually.

Whenever an online purchase is made, I would like my website inventory to be automatically updated/synced and reflected immediately in my MYOB accounting system i.e. always showing up to date pricing and accurate availability of my inventory both on my website and in my MYOB accounting system.

Please advise what is the best software for automatic syncing between my e-commerce website and my MYOB AccountRight Premier accounting system.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

I think your going to need a custom script written – and its probably going to have to operate as an overnight batch job, not live.

You might find a cheaper alternative is to create a user in MYOB with controlled access and outsource the data entry to a VA

Steve

Rhys
    • Total posts: 325
    Up
    stevemo, post: 133927 wrote:
    Does anyone know how I can automatically sync my e-commerce website with my MYOB AccountRight Premier accounting system?

I require online orders from my ecommerce website to be processed automatically into my MYOB accounting system, without the time consuming effort of having to type each order in manually.

Hi Stevemo,

If you replace the “MYOB” with “Xero” its easy – I have just rolled out a solution that does exactly that for a couple of different clients – Magento e-commerce into Unleashed for inventory control into Xero for back office accounting, all with no re-keying whatsoever.

Cheers, Rhys

Dardee
    • Total posts: 430
    Up

Agree with the others. You are not going to do it very easily with MYOB.

If on the other hand you use Xero as Rhys mentioned its a totally different ball game. I had the exact same conversation with a guy the other day.

He now has some homework and some reading to do. :)

uwannawat
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

The answer to your question requires knowledge of the ecommerce solution you are using. Many ecommerce solutions have existing integration to MYOB. You may get the answer by talking to your ecommerce provider. If they do not offer integration, then it may be cheaper in the long run to look at another accounting package than it is to develop the integration to MYOB.

Cheers
    Graham

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Changin your account or eCommerce system may be an option however I have found that the code required to get two systems like this integrated is minimal.

Do your research as having some code written might be a cheaper and easier option than moving data from your current system to a new one. Changing one of your systems also means that you will also need to learn how to use your new system.

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

Netfira appear to have a package for connecting MYOB to a variety of ecommerce platforms.
    I’ve never used them so I can’t comment on how well they perform, and they do cost $100/month

http://netfira.com.au/Products/netfira_connecting_to_ecommerce.aspx

AGMBris
    • Total posts: 319
    Up

Hi guys

I was chatting with our accountant last week regards moving away from MYOB and we looked in to either Xero or Saasu. They were both good options and both had strong ability to communicate via API to our softwares. It appeared that stock/inventory requirements were much better catered for in Saasu so maybe thats an option for you. Xero was great as well though so perhaps researching/trialling both of them to see what fits the best.

Good luck

CardsOnline
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

I asked the same question to my web site builder.
    The answer to my question was that I can purchase an “add on” functionality program to enable this.

You will have to speak to your website builder to see if your shopping cart has this facilty available.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.