Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Avallach Technology – Perth, WA

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    avallach
    • Total posts: 23
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

Just wanted to say hello, and thank the various people responsible for running such a useful site.

Not surprised to see so many fellow tech-minded people around, after all it is an online forum. So brief intro, links and the usual….

My background is 20 years in software development, mostly working in and with small businesses. Over that time I’ve seen some IT costs fall dramatically (e.g hardware), others rise (e.g consultancy) and a pattern whereby initial small business clients are forgotten as soon as the lure of the enterprise dollar becomes too tempting.

THAT is essentially what has helped form my ideas, and ultimately why Avallach exists to serve the small/micro business market. I go into more detail on my personal blog.

But there’s enough spam on the net without me creating more; suffice to say I’m very interested in meeting like-minded business owners and sharing info etc.

Look forward to getting to know you all, especially fellow Perth residents

All the best
    Gaz

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up
    avallach, post: 22374 wrote:
    THAT is essentially what has helped form my ideas, and ultimately why Avallach exists to serve the small/micro business market. I go into more detail on my personal blog.
    Gaz

Hi Gaz,

Welcome to the forums. Well done on running your own business.

Yep there are a few of us tech-types around, but on this forum thankfully there are loads of other interesting business owners.

How is your business going?

Kevin

soliddata
    Up

Oh I forgot to say – nice web site you have… I suppose that is required in your business :-)

Kev

avallach
    Up
    soliddata, post: 22417 wrote:
    Oh I forgot to say – nice web site you have… I suppose that is required in your business :-)

Kev

LOL, thanks. Believe it or not, I left out the web address on the first design I put together for business cards. Luckily I spotted that before proceeding to printing stage.

I actually registered the business name in July this year, having started along similar lines before I moved here from the UK. So I’ve been getting back up to speed with web stuff, while contracting (database work). I’m working to a timeline of Sep 2010 to be focused on web services and applications.

I’ve noted your online backup service – worth knowing :)

soliddata
    Up
    avallach, post: 22425 wrote:
    I’ve noted your online backup service – worth knowing :)

Cheers,

Happy to swap referrals if you like.

Kev

avallach
    Up
    soliddata, post: 22426 wrote:
    Cheers,

Happy to swap referrals if you like.

Kev

I’ll drop you a PM or email – your focus on online service sits nicely with my own web services (web sites, web apps and custom development). At a bare minimum I can see the info going neatly into http://avallach.com/partners/

cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.