Home – New Forums Marketing mastery B2B marketing tips

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    tweeddrafting
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hello all,

I am a new business starter and I was wondering if any one has some great B2B marketing ideas. Most of the tips being offered are for B2C marketing of products.

I am an online service based business and so far linked in is my most successful networking avenue. However while it is drawing a lot of interest I am struggling to land some concrete customers.

I have thought about mail outs and strategic advertising but being a sole trader the initial marketing budget is low.

I would be appreciative of any advice.

Thanks!

Tweeddrafting

Michelle Johnson
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Hi tweeddrafting!
    I have found it worthwhile to build trust and relationships with prospective clients through sharing information (my blog helps to build credibility), and I am not pushing any sales through this channel. However the list of contacts I have developed has helped to generate business.

Since you are from a local community you could join or start a network of other local businesses to share ideas etc. The more people know about what you are doing the better.

Hope this helps, or sparks some new ideas for you.

Michelle

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

HI Tweeddrafting,

What you have on your side right now is probably time – Use this valuable asset while you have it… if things go well, it will soon disappear!

As a first point, I would begin with some self teaching about marketing in general. There is an abundance of books on the topic, but maybe start with anything by Dan Kennedy. His No BS Direct Marketing book is a great starting point, and will give you a number of other books to read too.

Secondly, I would start practising some cold calling. Eeekk, scary I know, but trust me, it is a lot easier to start with this option and build your confidence. You will also end up with an awesome list of objections that you can work on overcoming.

Continue working on your online presence, but focus it where your customers hang out. If this is in the local area, you are probably better off getting out there face to face, but if it is across Australia – find the online discussion groups, and get involved in the conversation.

I hope this provides some food for thought

tweeddrafting
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Thank you for your ideas both of you.

I am going to spend some time tonight looking around for discussion groups. I am mainly targeting Qld and NSW at the moment as that is where I have existing contacts and am located, but the aim is to be Australia-wide so I agree that I need to get my presence out there.

I am also going to ask my most regular client for a testimonial next time I speak with her. I believe having something like this on my website and brochures will help as well.

winnersignite
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    tweeddrafting, post: 148204 wrote:
    Thank you for your ideas both of you.

I am going to spend some time tonight looking around for discussion groups. I am mainly targeting Qld and NSW at the moment as that is where I have existing contacts and am located, but the aim is to be Australia-wide so I agree that I need to get my presence out there.

I am also going to ask my most regular client for a testimonial next time I speak with her. I believe having something like this on my website and brochures will help as well.

Hi Tweetdrafting,

Have you looked at video emailing and video newsletters. In particular using your phone to collect a video testimonial and using that as a reference point you can email to prospective clients with business tips you offer on your Newsletter.

More and more people are wanting that face to face connection, who am I talking to and being able to do it through video has become so much easier with tools like Talk Fusion. If you want to see an example of what can be created I can send you an email of it. Or check this link out here.

ShanDesign
    • Total posts: 67
    Up

Hi Tweeddrafting,

There are a lot of ways to market to B2B. You could try direct mail (make sure to include a personalized letter), blogging, pay-per-click advertising and networking to name a few.

The key is persistence. Make sure you are actively marketing every day and keep records of all your marketing, plus where your leads come from. Tracking and measuring will help you to direct your budget better later on.

Best of luck!

Shannon
    http://www.shandesign.com.au

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.