Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Babies clothing business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bhagwatanu
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I’m looking to start a small clothing business (babies clothing) and not sure how to go about.
    I’ve got in touch with some suppliers in India who have given me price list etc but I’m so scared to make a start. I have no idea what all it involves and what Ineed to do first thing. I’m also looking to sell in markets in Brisbane to see customers response. Any inputs plz????
    Thanks,Anu

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi there Anu,

Welcome to Flying Solo :)

There are links to threads that might contain some helpful information for you in this post: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/starting-business/14182-starting-business-please-read-before-posting.html

Good luck!
    Jayne

Bhagwatanu
    Up

Thanks Jayne,

I hope those links help me.

cheers,
    Anu

FS Concierge, post: 198177 wrote:
    Hi there Anu,

Welcome to Flying Solo :)

There are links to threads that might contain some helpful information for you in this post: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/starting-business/14182-starting-business-please-read-before-posting.html

Good luck!
    Jayne

Bhagwatanu
    Up

Hi Vikas,

Thankyou so much.
    I understand you’re into website development etc.

Regards,
    Anu

AliceBee
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    Bhagwatanu, post: 198153 wrote:
    Hi all,

I’m looking to start a small clothing business (babies clothing) and not sure how to go about.
    I’ve got in touch with some suppliers in India who have given me price list etc but I’m so scared to make a start. I have no idea what all it involves and what Ineed to do first thing. I’m also looking to sell in markets in Brisbane to see customers response. Any inputs plz????
    Thanks,Anu

Hi Anu,

If you find it’s hard to work with oversea manufacturers, you can work with some middleman, agents at your place to get product done first, it’s less risky for you for the first time (and you should pay higher prices), once you get to know this business, then you will know what is best for you. About selling clothes at the markets, in my opinion, only for low quality clothes as people come to markets to look for cheap clothes, if you are more with high quality clothes, then you should find the shops. Hope that helps :)

Bhagwatanu
    Up

Thats a good point, you mentioned about selling in markets.
    I’ll keep that in mind.
    The manufacturers that I spoke to in India seem to be alright. I dont think I’ll have any problems from their end. I’m doing it through a known source. My selling point will be affordable prices so I’ll have to avoid the middlemen. :-)
    My only problem is that I’m not confident about doing it as I have no clue how to operate business. I’m planning to design a website as well.
    Would love to hear more from people who did such businesses
    I’m happy that I joined this forum.
    Thanks for all your inputs.
    Cheers,Anu

AliceBee
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi Anu,

I understand that all people want to keep the cost down. Getting a website sounds a good idea, and you should believe in what you are doing, it’s always hard for the beginning but you will get there. Best of luck for you.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.