Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Back Linking Services Australia anyone???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    livelife12
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    ::

Heyy everyone,

Looking for a decent backlink/outreach company either located in Australia or abroad.

Have been quoted very high price of $250 USD which is like $375 per back link from a Philippines company/so called expert.

This price includes the article anchor text back link with DA of 30-50. In my opinion its damn expensive. Although I am looking to learn the process better I am also looking to just find a company who can do it for us.

We need to focus on our actual business and not become an outreach/backlink company.

Soooo….anyone know someone reliable?

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

To get you some help, I have organised a Facebook and Twitter shout out for you – it should go out soon.

You could also browse our directory.

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/directory/web-services/search-engine-optimisation-seo

And from the Forums I can recommend a chat with [USER=56118]@Byron Trzeciak[/USER]

Cheers

Jono.Cowdery
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Hi livelife12, one way to look at it is not so much trying to make links blind, but instead writing blog content on your site that people will genuinely want to share. Whatever your industry is, you could write a comprehensive post about “5 ways to do X or Y”, and within the post make sure you incorporate ideas from other writers. Then when you publish, reach out to those writers, saying thank you for the info and how you found it so useful in your post, here’s the link… they may just like to post about / link to you.

That’s just one idea, but it’s possible to reach out in other ways. I think the idea is try to focus on quality content that will last and reap rewards for years to come, not just making scads of random links from sites that nobody wants to read.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi Livelife12,
    You don’t give us much info to help you…

Have you taken any advice about whether you even need a backlink service?

The very first question from any link building service should be, where do your target clients reside?

If they did not ask this, RUN AWAY!

If you want to conquer the online world, you need a plan of how you intend to get there.

I.e. Google offers 150+ country based search engines. If you want to sell to customers who use all of them, you will need plans that define how you will rank top in search results for all of them.

If you want to rank higher for NZ based searchers who use google.co.nz, you want links from .co.nz web pages.

When I see:

“This price includes the article anchor text back link with DA of 30-50.”

IMHO, this form of quoting is total, absolute and meaningless garbage!

No search engine uses “domain authority” as a ranking signal. In my book it is gobbledie-gook to sound like they know what they are doing.

Regs,
    JohnW

BizPromo
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

DON’T USE OVERSEAS COMPANY FOR YOUR SEO AND AUSTRALIAN based marketing needs. Waste of time and money.
    I can tell you what they will offer:

1- Article, Blog, Forums, Top notch directory etc links – waste
    2- Hundreds of bookmarks – waste
    3- Guest posting on stupid forums and blogs – waste
    4- Destroying your brand as you will see links coming from weird domain websites.
    5- Backlinks report – If you check every single website they posted your links- you will wonder- why you hired them.

6- And many reasons.:)

BizPromo
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Anchor text (keyword) based Articles, and Press Releases MAY get you penalised on Google.

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

Hi,

What niche is your site in?

Cheers
    Corey

livelife12
    Up

we supply commercial product in the construction industry and b2b business.

I would think we would connect with interior design blogs, real estate, DIY etc type blogs.

I think we should all brainstorm..

What should the top 10 rules put in place when monitoring the services given by a back linking service?

I would think these things…

1) the pages they are linking from are been indexed correctly.

2) the DA is not been manipulated or faked.

3) the websites are .au sites (is that a big one?) and that the industries are relevant/related.

4) content written when guest blogging is high quality.

5) the hyperlink contains some form of keyword you are chasing and links back to either your homepage or product page.

can people think of any other ways to really knuckle down on some ground rules for the company we work with to follow/abide by?

In my experience you need strong ground rules at the start of every business deal and what is required as a check list for the deal been done.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    livelife12, post: 240563, member: 44018 wrote:
    In my experience you need strong ground rules at the start of every business deal and what is required as a check list for the deal been done.

Good luck, you are dealing with an industry where there really are no rules.

livelife12
    Up

I dont like the negativity been talked in this post. You can see clearly I am trying to come up with a solution to a set of ground rules/check list to establish high quality, long lasting, effective link building.

Clearly there will be companies out there that do the right thing and who can assist us, I am just trying to come up with the list of criteria so i can test/filter through all those that cant provide the things on that check list.

so who is with me guys? can anyone add to my list above?

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    livelife12, post: 240563, member: 44018 wrote:
    we supply commercial product in the construction industry and b2b business.

I would think we would connect with interior design blogs, real estate, DIY etc type blogs.

I think we should all brainstorm..

What should the top 10 rules put in place when monitoring the services given by a back linking service?

I would think these things…

1) the pages they are linking from are been indexed correctly.

2) the DA is not been manipulated or faked.

3) the websites are .au sites (is that a big one?) and that the industries are relevant/related.

4) content written when guest blogging is high quality.

5) the hyperlink contains some form of keyword you are chasing and links back to either your homepage or product page.

can people think of any other ways to really knuckle down on some ground rules for the company we work with to follow/abide by?

Couldn’t agree more that a strong framework is important.

If you research the processes that quality SEO firms to use to create an outreach strategy you will go some way to both understanding why done well, link building is expensive and what to look for in a provider.

From an SEO strategy point of view it is not the low hanging fruit where you can expect quick wins on – so I would also include in your research whether your site has been fully optimised for its structure and on-page elements because this is where a lot of businesses fall down and where the SEO wins can be quick and relatively cheap vs outreach.

Sites such as MOZ, Backlinko and Searchengineland have a lot of in-depth information you might find helpful.

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

silly question I know. What are you trying to achieve?

Cheers
    Corey

JohnW
    Up

Hi Livelife12,
    Can I back the conversation up a bit to check we are on the same page with some basic principles of attracting relevant search engine referrals.

First you need to answer as many potential cusomer’s SE questions as possible – i.e. Get into the search results.

Then you need to score enough ranking points to get to the top of as many results lists as possible.

The single most important factor is the level of competition for any search question.

There is only one top position and the more the pages fighting over that position, the more ranking points will be needed to reach it.

What determines the level of competition?

#1 Competition Factor: Location of the searcher.

Country Location:
    If you are a USA resident you will be searching on G.com. If an NZ resident you will be using G.co.nz

If you are a business coach in the USA your search competition on G.com is around 80 times more competitive than a business coach in NZ.

Town/Suburb Location:
    Chrome and Explorer browsers are set to track the user’s location. If you don’t want to be tracked you have to switch this function off. I’ll bet almost no one does that.

Don’t be surprised if user’s location becomes an even more important ranking signal for mobiles when G releases its new mobile search index.

#2 Competition Factor: B2B vs B2C markets
    If you are in an Aust B2C search market you could by targeting millions of potential customers. That’s frequently where competive search markets lie.

We don’t know the detail of Livelife12’s market. Are we talking about something of the order of magnitude of 10,000 potential purchasers with SE competition from 10 manufacturers and 30 downline distributers? That’s normally indicative of a very low level of SE competition.

If you compare USA B2C markets with Aust B2B search markets you could be talking about levels of competition that need ranking point scores that vary by magnitudes of 100s of thousands.

Some consequences of these SE attributes…

a. Look for an Aust-based SEO.

• O/seas SEOs are unlikely to be used to assessing the competitive levels on G.com.au.
    • O/seas SEOs may not even know they need to set themselves up to display an Aust location to Google. ie. They may only assess your market on g.com.
    • Or, they may not do it because they think they can get away with not bothering to tell you this detail

b. What are the most cost-effective SE ranking tactics?
    There are over 200 factors that are used by G to score ranking points for how the individual words in search queries score ranking points.

You want an SEO service who will select the least expensive and longest lasting tactics.

External links are the most expensive, most transient, most dangerous and hardest to measure SEO tactic.

I’ve never encountered an Aust B2B market where external links were needed to attract relevant SE referrals. (Not saying there aren’t some there but they should be rare.)
    Regs,
    JohnW

JohnW
    Up
    livelife12, post: 240387, member: 44018 wrote:
    Have been quoted very high price of $250 USD which is like $375 per back link from a Philippines company/so called expert.

This price includes the article anchor text back link with DA of 30-50. In my opinion its damn expensive.
    Hi Livelife12,
    This is to comment on the backlink quote you received.

Apart from the location issues addressed above, this proposal has added worry points.

The performance metric of back links from DA (Domain Authority) sites of 30-50 is totally meaningless to YOU and only relevant to the supplying company as it gives them the lowest of performence bar imaginable.

DA is a term devised by an SE tool seller. It is not and never has been a ranking signal used by Google.

You could have 100s of links from sites with a DA of 100 that give absolutely no value to one of your site page’s ranking. (Here’s an old reference: 28 Oct 16 (that’s 2016, not 1916): Google: We Don’t Have “Overall Domain Authority” In Our Rankings)

The SE Tool seller that coined the term offers this discription of DA:

“…that predicts how well a website will rank on search engines. Use Domain Authority when comparing one site to another or tracking the “strength” of your website over time.” (Ref: What is Domain Authority?)

I’d question how useful the tool is in the post Penguin and Panda world and where location is now such a significant force in many types of searches. I don’t think the formula used to calculate DA can even use location as a predictive factor.

If folk want more detail on the use of DA, this guy is a DA user who describes when/where to use it in this article:

Mar 2016: Domain Authority is a Flawed Metric

It’s a tough read if you are not into SEO.
    Regs,
    JohnW

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Backlinks make up about 20% of what’s needed for a site to perform in search. Asking about backlinks with no understanding of the entire process (or even why for that matter) is simply going to result in lost money, time and effort.

By the way $375 is peanuts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.