Home – New Forums Tech talk Backlink Tracker

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Samot
    • Total posts: 157
    Up
    ::

Hey guys,

I wrote a tool to help me keep track of how many backlinks I have coming to my site. Which helps with search engine optimization. I also use it to track my competitors and maintain a competitive level of backlinks.

Thought I would put it on the internet for fun to see if anyone else wants to use it.

It shows all backlinks added on a particular date. So you will only have one date to start with but tomorrow if you receive a backlink you will see a new container with the backlink.

http://poilep.com – Give it a go, only works for sites with 1000 or less backlinks

Definition:
    A backlink is a link coming from another website to your own. The number and quality of backlinks that your site has can affect your search engine optimization efforts, as some search engines provide significant weight to the backlinks of a site.

If you are working on an SEO campaign, you should include efforts to get links to your site on related sites with high ranking in search engines for the terms you are targeting. This “link love” will help improve your search engine ranking as well. Try to avoid being linked on link farms as that can hurt your search engine results.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi Samot,
    Well done on your programming.

What is it reporting?

All external links to Home
    All external links to entire site

Is it reporting Google, Yahoo or some other site or program’s analysis of the link numbers?

Regs,

John W

Samot
    Up

Its build off yahoos database and should report pretty much the same results Yahoo Site Explorer shows, which includes

All external links to the entire site (Someone can verify this, only reading that off the yahoo website)

It’s set up for notifications now, so each day it will send you any new backlinks for any of the domains you signup for.

I put notifications on my competitor websites and when I get the email I go and post a link where they just did.

JohnW
    Up
    Samot, post: 39522 wrote:
    Its build off yahoos database and should report pretty much the same results Yahoo Site Explorer shows
    Hi Samot,
    That’s what I’d figured out.

I think the trick will be to identify then deliver something of value that Yahoo Explorer does not.

I don’t think a daily report of link changes will grab many people and it won’t be relevant to most websites.

Perhaps you need to focus on the requirements of a small group.

What about a tool that runs and automatically emails clients with their link numbers and several competitor’s link numbers every 3 months?

Your tool may then attract the attention of SEO companies.

Regs,

John W

Samot
    Up

I’m only building the tool for myself and anyone who wants to use it can also.

I think its quite effective for keeping SERPS whereas you can stay on par with your competitors in backlinks for small business’s.

Also I like look at the daily reports so I can post thank you posts for backlinks or check out what gossip is going around on blogs about my sites.

Was mainly sharing the site to be generous and not to sell to companies but those ideas are great and might look into future developing them..

Thanks(y)

JohnW
    Up

Marketing is about turning features into benefits.

I did not think of/or was unaware of your program’s benefit of tracking links so that you could send a “thank you”.

That is a very powerful function.

Regs,

John W

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Thanks Samot! Love the program =)

– Jake

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up

Hey cool tool.

I have a similar one at http://www.myseotools.com.au – but I didn’t code it myself. ;)

stephanie.f
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Pretty interesting tool ! It’s great to be able to track all these things – I’m impressed that you coded it all – seems like it would be a nightmare!

Samot
    Up

I’m currently in the process of adding in a new feature and just curious to see if anyone would be interested in helping me.

I have written a script that analyzes the backlinks and scrapes out every link HTML on the backlink page and puts it into a database things such as
    does the link have nofollow attributes, title, alt and anchor values. Also things such as total links on page, the page rank.

So now with all this information I want to give each backlink a weighting of how well it serves as a backlink.

For example a backlink with no alt text and page rank of 1 would be Poor.

So I’m mainly interested to see if anyone wants to help me find a good system to rank quality.

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

Hi Samot,

You may well already be aware of it but if not the linkdiagnosis tool uses

Strength = (Pagerank + 1) to power of 3, times 4, divided by number of outbound links

as its link strength formula, might be useful to tinker with?

Aidan

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.