Home – New Forums Other discussions Bad Links

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    SuzsSpace
    Participant
    • Total posts: 692
    Up
    ::

I’ve been experiencing some problems today. Sometimes when I click on a thread I get the following:

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/0.7.67

Seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it.

Suzie

adrian
    Participant
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

Ahhh… I had that a while back. Are you using Chrome Canary for your browser? I switched back to normal Chrome for this forum… If it’s the same problem I was experiencing, it seemed to relate to the age of the thread.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Suzie,

Thanks for letting us know – I’ve asked Peter to look into it for you.

cheers,
    Jayne

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    SuzsSpace, post: 124866 wrote:
    I’ve been experiencing some problems today. Sometimes when I click on a thread I get the following:

502 Bad Gateway

nginx/0.7.67

Seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it.

Suzie

Thanks for letting us know. It was something we saw during the migration to the new server a while back, but not recenltly. If it crops up again it would be great if you could PM me the url of the thread/post you were trying to access and we can test. And your browser version would be helpful perhaps too.
    Thanks!
    Peter

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    Up

I can’t tell you how bizarre it is to get the same error on the thread reporting the error.

I’ve sent a PM!

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    Up

I’ve sent another PM can you let me know if you’ve got it?

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    SuzsSpace, post: 125324 wrote:
    I’ve sent another PM can you let me know if you’ve got it?

Got it, thanks! I’ll check it out today and get back to you.
    Cheers
    Peter

SuzsSpace
    Participant
    Up

And I’ve sent you a reply. Can you tell I don’t trust the PM system at present?

AGMBris
    • Total posts: 319
    Up

Hi

I have experienced this before but away from FS searching and it appeared to be local issue re data processing. I experienced it in Chrome as well so maybe its a Chrome thing or processor overload. I rebooted and noticed my activity monitor (using Mac) came back to normal load and all was ok.

Good luck

adrian
    Participant
    Up

OK, FYI, at my end (not sure it’s the universal cause) I think I’ve narrowed it down a lot.

I have that with the same build of Chrome on two different computers. This issue was happening on one computer, but not the other. These two computers are both Mac OSX 10.7.4 with Chrome account settings synchronized.

One other discrepancy was the “Google Mail Checker” extension was not working on the computer that was getting the “Bad Gateway” errors. I was still signed in to Google and Gmail, just the extension on that computer was greyed out, and didn’t show unread mail.

I deactivated the extension, forced a re-login to Google, and reactivated the extension. The extension became active and worked. I came back to this forum, and now the forum error are gone and it seems to be working fine.

Ihave no idea why a Google account issue would have this impact on this forum… But if anyone else experiencing this could see if these steps work for them, it will help confirm that this does solve the problem resolution….

Cheers

John C.
    • Total posts: 439
    Up

This problem has happened to me a couple of times too. Each time, I’ve cleared my local cache (Settings | History | “Clear All Browsing Data”) and the problem has gone away. I believe it’s a problem related to cookies, but not clear exactly what’s causing it.

Cheers,
    John

adrian
    Participant
    Up
    onsiteTECHS, post: 128289 wrote:
    This problem has happened to me a couple of times too. Each time, I’ve cleared my local cache (Settings | History | “Clear All Browsing Data”) and the problem has gone away. I believe it’s a problem related to cookies, but not clear exactly what’s causing it.

John… Cheers on your idea, so far so good. My last suggestion worked a couple of times, but it seems that may have been coincidence. The issue returned, and I had to revert to using Safari just for these forums…

But, I tried clearing all my cookies, and that seems to have fixed it. If it happens again, I’ll have a look what’s in flying solo cookies to see if anything sticks out. May even forward the cookie on to the admins here to see if they make any sense of it.

Cheers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.