Home – New Forums Tech talk BARCODES in EXCEL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bearded Bear
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi all. I am going out of my mind. I am wanting to put a “thing” into EXCEL where I have a column full of barcode numbers and the next column converts these numbers to printable barcodes. I think we use EAN and UPC in Australia. Every man and his dog on the internet say it is easy to do. I found 1 font file and it worked but I think it was in a different format cos my scanner did not read it. Sooo many sites say they have a free “utility” and it is just a scam. I know I am not the sharpest pencil in the pencil case but already spent about 10 hours trying to do this. I dont mind paying for it but do not want to pay for it if it does not work. There are a few VBA code sites but that is all too hard for this simple pimple. Any help would result in me marrying you. thanks in desperation

Brent@Ontrax
    • Total posts: 336
    Up

Hi Bearded Bear,

Welcome to the FS Forum. Yep Barcodes are very simple, all you really need is a 3of9 barcode font and remember that when you create the barcode you should have an astrix (*) at the begining and end of the code.

Example: Product Code- ABCD12345 will be *ABCD12345* and that cell will be defined as the 3 of 9 font.

The standard barcode scanners will automatically read the barcode and remove the *’s and return the code within them.

Let me know if you still need help. I’ve done it heaps of times and I can send you a true type font as well.

Hope this helps
    Brent.

markn
    • Total posts: 103
    Up

What barcode scanner are you using? What Barcode font are you using? What sort of code is the font putting out? I’ve done this many times and it’s actually pretty simple once you get your head around it. PM me if you need help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.