Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Barcodes other than GS1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GardenMan
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

I have read all of the threads regarding barcodes but cannot find anyone who has experience purchasing barcodes from suppliers other than GS1.

I am looking to eventually supply to the major retailers but initially I will be targeting independent stores.

I know I will need to join GS1 as a FULL member to supply large retailers. But at $900 a year it will impact cashflow.

http://ozbarcodes.com.au/buy-barcodes/

This company will supply 10 barcodes for $129

I was figuring on buying 10 barcodes (then printing on stickers) and then if and when I crack a large retailer I can then join GS1

Does anyone have any experience in using these cheap barcodes and then upgrading to GS1?

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi GardenMan,

I’m not the person to advise you on barcodes, but wanted to say welcome to Flying Solo!

Hope to see you around. :)

Dave

Cleink
    Up

Hi GardenMan,

Realise you posted here a long time ago, but wondered if you ended up using Ozbarcodes? I too came across them and have been contemplating using them. I’ve been searching online to read others’ reviews on them but haven’t found anything (good or bad). So keen to hear if anyone else has used them?

Cheers,
    Kerwen

GardenMan
    Up
    Cleink, post: 228763, member: 67344 wrote:
    Hi GardenMan,

Realise you posted here a long time ago, but wondered if you ended up using Ozbarcodes? I too came across them and have been contemplating using them. I’ve been searching online to read others’ reviews on them but haven’t found anything (good or bad). So keen to hear if anyone else has used them?

Cheers,
    Kerwen

Hi Kerwen

I actually ended up using https://www.nationwidebarcode.com/order-barcodes/
    think I bought 100 barcodes for about $60 – and they work perfectly.

my logic was that being a U.S. company chances are if duplicates were in the market they wouldn’t be here in Aust and in my industry.

no complaints whatsoever

cheers
    matt

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Just be mindful that the big retailers in Australia generally demand GS1 barcodes.

I purchased a barcode with 1000 in the series from Nationwide Barcodes as well – believe it was around $50 at the time. They begin with a “0” as an EAN (for international).

Wander around the retailers you are planning to supply, and check the products they stock. If you find they are all barcoded starting with a “9” (Australia) then you will have to move to GS1 to supply them.

Wendy :)

Chantell
    Up
    GardenMan, post: 228812, member: 57757 wrote:
    Hi Kerwen

I actually ended up using https://www.nationwidebarcode.com/order-barcodes/
    think I bought 100 barcodes for about $60 – and they work perfectly.

my logic was that being a U.S. company chances are if duplicates were in the market they wouldn’t be here in Aust and in my industry.

no complaints whatsoever

cheers
    matt

Hi Matt,

I’m currently researching a few barcode companies as I need to buy some for my products. I was told to “stick with aussie companies” but they are so much more expensive than the international versions.

What’s your view? and are you still happy with the ones you bought from nationwidebarcodes?

Chantell

GardenMan
    Up

we were a small business (limited budget) when we started so I went with the cheap barcodes – no problems at all

as we grew and years later we got into a major retailer and had to buy GS1. of course landing a deal with a major meant we could now afford the GS1 bar codes. we did have to change the packaging but it was no big deal.

if you haven’t got immediate plans for a big box then go with the cheap barcodes

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.