Home – New Forums New here? Share your story BAS Portal charge for time or set rate

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bookkeeping Fairy Perth
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    ::

Hi

I recently just gained my registration as BAS Agent and was wondering if it’s best to charge for the time processing the BAS information into the portal or it’s a set rate.

I want to be fair and charge an honest rate but don’t know what reasonable pricing I can charge. Any ideas anyone who is in the same business or gets charged for the BAS processing?

Much appreciated!

Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up
    Bookkeeping Fairy, post: 203525 wrote:
    Hi

I recently just gained my registration as BAS Agent and was wondering if it’s best to charge for the time processing the BAS information into the portal or it’s a set rate.

I want to be fair and charge an honest rate but don’t know what reasonable pricing I can charge. Any ideas anyone who is in the same business or gets charged for the BAS processing?

Much appreciated!

I’ve just gone through selecting a bookkeeper and BAS and tax return submissions were always a set rate EXCEPT for the one I ended up choosing. Bookkeeping was by the hour but obviously a bit lower.

I’m paying:

• $88/hour for bookkeeping
    • $95/hour for BAS checklist
    • $110/hour BAS agent review and lodgement

HTH

PursuitBookkeeping
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi,

I charge an hourly rate for bookkeeping work, but I charge a set rate for BAS lodgement. I charge $60 per hour for bookkeeping, and $150 per BAS. This seems to work well. From my research, most bookkeepers seem to charge thus way.
    Good luck with your business!

Rhys
    • Total posts: 325
    Up
    Hatching_It, post: 203534 wrote:
    I’ve just gone through selecting a bookkeeper and BAS and tax return submissions were always a set rate EXCEPT for the one I ended up choosing.

Hi Hatching IT,

I’m interested in your comment above, from the perspective of the service provider.

Set rates – whether for bookkeeping, tax or other services – are gaining in popularity at present, we offer them extensively. But as a consumer of these services you are saying you opted for the hourly rate.

Can you add some feedback please on why?

Many thanks, Rhys

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.