Home – New Forums Starting your journey Becoming Certified / Registered to Teach?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hotstuffbeauty
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hello, I have people often asking me if I can teach them how to provide the services I provide (hair extensions, spray tanning, lash extensions)… as I also import and supply these products to other companies.

The short answer is yes I can, and I could give them a receipt, and piece of paper saying I have trained them… but, it would not be a certified or registered course.

I would like to know if anyone knows what the process would be to teach people these services and to also provide them with a legitimate certificate or such.

I have done a bit of a google search but not come up with any answers.

Thanks.

hotstuffbeauty
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Thank you for your reply!

4117kev
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Becomming a Registered Training organisation(RTO) is complex, expensive & time consuming.

Step1: Make sure you hold the certification you with to teach
    Step2: complete your trainer assessor course TAE
    Step3: Form a partnering agreement with a current RTO
    Step4: Teach

I have agreements with 6 RTO’s and deliver training to the national standard as required.

What you need to do is find out what qualification you wish to train or what modules from that qual you want to train and make sure you have under your certification.

If you wish to go down the RTO path yourself allow up to 4 months full time if you understand training packages and how to write training and assessment materials that will comply under audit along with your general run of business audit requirements.

If you dont understand how to do this and still want to become an RTO allow up to $100k for someone to write it for you.

The easiest path really is a partnership, I have been involved with Audit’s, compliance and the registration of RTO’s for the past 12 years and it still does my head in.

Kev

Allied
    • Total posts: 96
    Up

Hi I see you are in Brisbane

One thing you could look into is running an Adult Education course at TAFE.

They used be named ACE (Adult & Community Education) now they are named Lightbulb Education.

I used to teach computers through the ACE program on the Gold Coast. The students get a certificate of attendance and you teach the classes at the TAFE campuses.

Its a start while you are looking at getting accredited. You can send a proposal to Pam Eade manager of Lightbulb Education with your plans for a course and if she accepts it they will advertise and run the course for you. Its a good way of letting everyone know you are there. Not sure if they have facilities for the Spray Tan training but they have the hairdressing school already. You will have to ask Pam if you need Cert IV in training for that course and you are paid under the teachers award.

Goog luck
    SUE

Merinda Smith
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Sometimes people start out working with another RTO or in a partnership agreement. This is often a great way to understand the compliance, but not actually have to manage it.
    Partnership arrangements vary, and usually come with a MOU of who does what.
    I would recommend this path as a start.

All the best.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.