Home – New Forums Money matters Becoming Debt Free

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    samjoe
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

I was in debt amount $40,000 then i called debtsfreelife.com they do debt settlement for me with banks and suggest me in future how to
    Become debt free

This is what I did:

1. I stopped spending on my cards.

2. I stopped living the extravagant life i used to live.

3. Started saving every penny I could.

4. Sold things that I did not need. (Even sold my spare cars)

As a result, within 22 months I was able to become debt free.

That move really helped me, as immediately after that the economy started melting down.

My property value dropped around 50% in the last 2 years.

I am so thankful to Robert Kiyosaki for writing an amazing book. I hope the entire nation had read that book and could have saved themselves from a financial disaster.

Eco Manifesto
    • Total posts: 24
    Up

Good for you!

Yes, Robert Kiyosaki’s book is a great inspiration.

Another interesting read is “Your money or your life” by Joe Dominguez and Vicki Robin

Cheers
    Chrissy

BB
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

Thank you for your enlightening post, Samjoe –

I am so glad that you have got rid of all your debt. You must certainly feel as if a load has been taken from you.

For all our Aussie readers in this forum – please note that the company to which Samjoe refers, is situated in the U.S.A. and therefore the laws governing their practices are not pertinent to those of us that reside in Australia.

For anybody who needs some help with their finances – please don’t be afraid to contact me. If I can’t assist, I will be sure to pass you on to somebody who can.

Cheers,

B.B.

Renee Barber
    • Total posts: 360
    Up

One of the best things we ever did from a fiscal standpoint was viewing credit cards as an evil scourge (!), I mean a convenience thing (grin) and not a way to extend our income like many people do. I reckon paying them off in full each month is really the only way to go or, if you can manage it, not using them at all.

Now we’re turning to the whole wealth creation thing so I’m wondering if anyone has any recommendations for ‘wealth advisors’ (that seems to be the new term, but does it just mean financial planner?), etc?

By the way, this might call for a new topic, but I think it’s sorta along the same continuum. It might also be the case that the experts aren’t allowed to give advice per se, but maybe they can provide some resources for further investigation. :-)

BB
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

Hey Renee,

Isn’t it a wonderful feeling to be ‘debt-free’! Sometimes, when you are debt-free it’s easy to just fritter away your money, without realising it’s happening. Thats when you need a plan – to utilise your money effectively on a daily basis and into the future. Of course, you need a plan to get you to that point also. (It’s called a budget.)

Maybe you will need to open another thread…

“Now we’re turning to the whole wealth creation thing so I’m wondering if anyone has any recommendations for ‘wealth advisors’ ” (unquote)

Let me ask you a question here-
    What is a ‘wealth advisor’? Is it somebody who is wealthy and can advise on how they did it? or Is it somebody who is going to advise you on how to get wealthy while they get wealthy at the same time?

I did look up the ASIC website to see what the definition was – but couldn’t find any information. I did find some warnings about ‘wealth creation’ seminars. Hhmmmmmm…

Wondering…

B.B.

samjoe
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

@ Eco Manifesto

Thanks for the comment. I will buy this book this week itself and try to sneak sometime to read it.

Yeah Guys, B.B. is right. I am in USA, find a local company for yourself. I really wanted to spread the word around. All it takes to get out of debt is the determination to do so.

Thanks All

mrsforex
    • Total posts: 18
    Up

Congratulations! I was in the same boat. Now, I have my paycheck divided up into percentages and 15% goes towards paying off debt. And I dont keep putting more on the cards unless I intend to pay for the item as soon as I get home. I use one card to get airline miles so I buy things with it but emmediately go home and pay it back off :-0

DebtCollector
    • Total posts: 40
    Up

Pure unadulterated SPAM !!!!!!!!
    How do the moderators of this forum let this crap on here, and it’s a U.S company to boot.

Always be careful of any business that want’s to help you out of debt. Most of the time will put you deeper into debt.

What they will do is bundle all your debts together and make you pay a high interest rate and spread payments over a very long period of time. It’s the oldest con job in the book. Remember they are in business too. So profit is their bottom line as well.
    In Australia there are lots of non-profit debt counselors, who will help you get your finances in order. Without the use of these so called “debt consolidation” companies.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.