Home – New Forums Other discussions Being pedantic – copywriters help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up
    ::

Ok….. getting some buttons done up and wondering.. is…

“Get Free Quote Now”

OK?

or should it be..

“Get a Free Quote Now”

I prefer the first, but I guess it isn’t “proper”.

Thanks!

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

In my opinion, “Get Free Quote Now” makes you sound like all the offshore companies that spam me everyday.

I’d add the “a”, or even “get your free quote now” to make it a little more personal.

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

In my opinion, “Get Free Quote Now” makes you sound like all the offshore companies that spam me everyday.

I’d add the “a”, or even “get your free quote now” to make it a little more personal.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Or what about “Would you like your free quote now?” and a “Yes” button to link?

Wendy :)

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Or what about “Would you like your free quote now?” and a “Yes” button to link?

Wendy :)

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

I would use “Get your free quote now” – although is it an instant quote or will it take some time to send to them? Only reason I ask is, I can’t stand websites that say “Get an instant quote” but actually you have to request it and it takes a while for them to respond….

Just a thought…

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

I would use “Get your free quote now” – although is it an instant quote or will it take some time to send to them? Only reason I ask is, I can’t stand websites that say “Get an instant quote” but actually you have to request it and it takes a while for them to respond….

Just a thought…

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up

Thanks a lot everyone! :)

bridiej, post: 112729 wrote:

Just a thought…

I agree haha….. and yeah, it’s not an instant quote, so I’ll avoid that ;)

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up

Thanks a lot everyone! :)

bridiej, post: 112729 wrote:

Just a thought…

I agree haha….. and yeah, it’s not an instant quote, so I’ll avoid that ;)

victorng
    • Total posts: 626
    Up

This is something worth testing …

http://www.abtests.com

victorng
    • Total posts: 626
    Up

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    victorng, post: 112761 wrote:

Yes, AB testing is something I have planned to do down the line when things settle down haha

Thanks for the link Victor! :)

BrettM33
    Participant
    Up
    victorng, post: 112761 wrote:

Yes, AB testing is something I have planned to do down the line when things settle down haha

Thanks for the link Victor! :)

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

A copywriter cannot answer this question because even they are blown away by what converts the most (often, it’s the “unlikely” one)

Just test it.

I’ll just add that using the word “quote” is very wise. You will end up with el cheapos and time vampires.

Have you considered offering an “audit” and charging for it? You will attract the serious clients, make some money and make more if they decide to use your service.

best part is you will make more with less time and work with those who are a pleasure to deal with.

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

A copywriter cannot answer this question because even they are blown away by what converts the most (often, it’s the “unlikely” one)

Just test it.

I’ll just add that using the word “quote” is very wise. You will end up with el cheapos and time vampires.

Have you considered offering an “audit” and charging for it? You will attract the serious clients, make some money and make more if they decide to use your service.

best part is you will make more with less time and work with those who are a pleasure to deal with.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.