Home – New Forums Other discussions Being thankful – what nice thing has happened to you lately?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up
    ::

Today a client said to me, ‘we love you – you interpret every idea of ours, no matter how crazy’.

I was overwhelmed that I really do something that they love which has made their day and helps their business.

Then I received a surprise small legacy as a result of earlier sad circumstances. The new kitchen being completed today, (tiler is just finishing grouting as I update), is amazing and the attention to detail by the installer has been wonderful. He has taken on board everything I needed and made sure that everything matched – even to other decor. Nothing was too much trouble. He said it was one of the largest and detailed kitchens they have done in a long time and took as much pride in it as I have. I have even painted the bulkheads already (the bit between the cupboards and the ceilings) to go with the new ceiling and all the woodwork and painted the walls. (Our kitchen maker said no-one has ever completed everything to the detail we have, including the painting.)

After an incredibly bad year for both my husband and myself, this new kitchen (with new window, ceiling and lights) is such a wonderful gift for us and very much an encouragement and blessing. For many people, it wouldn’t be a big deal. But for us, it’s very special.

What have I learned? I am to accept my client’s compliments in the spirit they are given – they are truly meant. And I should always be thankful for the surprise gifts that come my way no matter how small or large.

What nice thing has happened to you lately that surprised you or made you thankful?

The Office Witch
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

It seems that being thankful is in the past, not many clients thank anymore.

After I sent my last newsletter out for this year, I got a very nice note back from one of my reader. She said, “Please keep on sending your excellent newsletter”.

I felt very touched and appreciated that makes me keep going

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

I get periodic messages of thanks and appreciation from clients and readers and it’s always nice to receive. I know there have been times when I felt like I wanted to give up what I’m doing and just when I was at my lowest point I’d get an email or a phone call from someone to say, if I hadn’t been there, then… and they’d share how much they appreciated my being there for them. That kind of thanks is always very well received.

GrantH
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

One of my favourite sayings is “go the extra mile, it’s never crowded”.

When client tell me how much they love my work and let me into their lives a little, it makes it all worthwhile.

And the nice thing that’s recently happened to me?

One loyal client has just become a Dad for the first time and he’s looking forward to my visit to see little Rosie (now 2 days old) today – I find that thrilling and humbling all at once!

Grant
    Sales Central – Your One-Stop Sales Shop

ActiveCounselling
    • Total posts: 38
    Up

In the counselling field you often never hear back from your clients but when you do it can be so satisfying.

Last month I received a magnificent email from a client who finished up with me some months ago. She explained in her email many of the hiccups she had experienced since we last spoke and explained how she handled them and then thanked me for helping her rebuild her confidence and abilities.

It was so amazing to hear how she was implementing in her day to day life the actions and thoughts that we had worked out together.

Makes it all worth while.

Lisa Murray – Biz Coach
    • Total posts: 112
    Up

Yesterday one of my clients sent me an email and told me ‘you’re gold!’ – it really did make my day. Sometimes the smallest things can make me really really happy ;-)

How does it get any better than that?
    Lisa

Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

Yes have been the extra mile, and got booted off by the client….

A nice thing that happened to me today, I have been struggling with some business issues recently and I asked a client who has been quite successful in business if he would mind mentoring me.

He said yes and I am over the moon that someone like that would take time to point me in the right direction.

Julie MT
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

Hi there,

Karen, just wanted to say how affirming it was to read your post! The kitchen sounds wonderful and your contractor’s a gem.

Such a positive thread, and am loving everyone’s comments.

I think the nicest thing that has happened to me lately is joining the forum here and finding so many kind and talented people, willing to share knowledge and support with their fellow soloists.

Elizabeth Richardson
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

I am just incredibly grateful for the work that keeps coming my way without any direct promotion.

After moving from business to business for the last few years, it seems I’ve stumbled by accident (or divine design) into a profession that is an absolute joy (something that I can do for hours and hours) and it’s also something that people are wanting (and willing to pay money for) – how nice!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.