Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Benj: Graphic Designer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Benj
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hello.

My name’s Benj. I’m a university qualified graphic designer based in Melbourne with four years experience designing identities, printed communications, websites and illustrations. Three of those years being under the creative direction of some of the city’s better known studios.

I offer a quality service to individuals and businesses establishing or maintaining brands whether on a strategic level or as a quick service.

Please have a look at my website and consider the value of utilising design to enhance your business objectives. Good design is recognised to strengthen public perception of your brand, communicate clearly, incite a response from your audience and encourage business values and personality to grow.

http://www.benj.com.au
    0411 105 125

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Benj,

Welcome to Flying Solo.

You have some stunning work in your portfolio. How long have you been out on your own for? Hope you are loving every second of it =)

All the best,
    Jayne

Benj
    Up

Hi Jayne,

Thanks for the kind words. It’s been a goal for a little while and gradually easing into it over the last 6 months. But now starting to see some nice opportunities open up – particularly in web design. It’s keeping me on my toes but exciting to see things come together.

Cheers,
    Benj.

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Hi Benj

Great work, that you have in your portfolio. Are you still freelancing for agencies or is it you alone now?

Your name sounds familiar – do I know you through AGDA?

Cheers, Astrid

Benj
    Up

Hi Astrid,

Thankyou for your comment.
    No. I’m not a member of AGDA, well, only to a newsletter. I haven’t come across your site before so I’m keen to have a closer look.

I’m doing a combination at the moment, contracting for a studio and running my own jobs. It’s a nice balance.

I’m guessing you’re also freelancing? What’s your background?
    What are opportunities like in Sydney?

Benj.

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Hi Benj

Hmm, wondering why your name rang a bell…

Think about AGDA, it’s worth the $240/year. You get a lot of invites to events, information and a profile page on their website. I had a few enquiries this year coming through AGDA.

My background is the same as yours, only that I started in 1985.

I started my own business when I came to Australia in 2000, before that I was employed and working in design and advertising agencies in Germany.
    I didn’t freelance/contract with agencies here in Sydney, but I am collaborating with marketing agencies.

Business was really good this last year, still is, actually. Work comes mainly through existing clients. It took a few years to get to that point though. I think it’s a good idea that you’re still contracting a bit, you’ll learn a lot about client and project management, etc at agencies. And you have the chance to work on interesting accounts :)

My website needs a makeover, in case you wonder. As soon as I’ll find a bit of time over the next weeks :)

Cheers
    Astrid

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.