Home Forums New here? Share your story BeOurCEO.com pilot invite

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    BeOurCEO
    • Total posts: 7

Hi Everyone,

(I’m new here so please be kind :))

My co-founder and I have just launched a new startup BeOurCEO.com.

Would like to know if business owners find it offensive?

Thanks
    Avos

comicad
    • Total posts: 10

I’d been interested to see how deep the analytics on this platform go.

I know as a business owner my b2b ecommerce customers give very little feedback unless I beg for it and even then my survey uptake is less than 3%.

How do other business owners feel about letting their customers play the role of CEO? Do you find it a little offensive or would you embrace the feedback?

I’m sitting on the fence on this one.

BeOurCEO
    comicad, post: 271418, member: 1845 wrote:
    I’d been interested to see how deep the analytics on this platform go.

I know as a business owner my b2b ecommerce customers give very little feedback unless I beg for it and even then my survey uptake is less than 3%.

How do other business owners feel about letting their customers play the role of CEO? Do you find it a little offensive or would you embrace the feedback?

I’m sitting on the fence on this one.
    So you’re saying our site is offensive to some?

Our intention was not to offend anyone or any businesses by any means. We’ve just provided a new mechanism that makes customers feel like they can provide feedback that steers or guides businesses from the top down, just like a CEO would do.

I hope this clarifies things.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,175

Hi and welcome to Flying Solo.

We have a Welcome thread that will give you a heads up about our standards and the rules we enforce to make the community a helpful and positive experience for all of our members.

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/index.php?threads/tips-for-new-players-to-the-forums.27235/

OUR RULES are in this thread:

https://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/index.php?threads/welcome-to-the-flying-solo-forums-please-play-nicely.589/

We monitor all posts and I have deleted yours because it does not meet our standards

Cheers
    Paul

Moola88
    • Total posts: 5
    BeOurCEO, post: 271414, member: 119688 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks
    Avos

I find it offensive mate, how can I let my customers just be “CEO”???

How would they run my business? may as well go to the beach now and have a pina colada and relax while everyone else runs my business!

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,703
    BeOurCEO, post: 271414, member: 119688 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks
    Avos

Your approach in simplifying (with better UX) the feedback survey model is great. I think the traditional surveys, emails, forms that all have uninspiring UX underperform on a very important function.

What platform is it delivered by / on? I think app installations are a fail for these niche items so I hope it’s browser-based so that it’s readily accessible and usable in a range of environments.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. info@360partners.com.au www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    eagleeye
    • Total posts: 31

You would need a lot of feedback to make it worthwhile possibly? Otherwise changing the direction of your business based on a few people’s opinions is probably not the best strategy. They could be way off.

It took me a while to work out what it was about too. Maybe you need some more info on the front page that can be read immediately instead of searching for what the site is out to achieve. I had to hunt for it.

James Millar
    Participant
    eagleeye, post: 271426, member: 21966 wrote:
    You would need a lot of feedback to make it worthwhile possibly? Otherwise changing the direction of your business based on a few people’s opinions is probably not the best strategy. They could be way off.

It took me a while to work out what it was about too. Maybe you need some more info on the front page that can be read immediately instead of searching for what the site is out to achieve. I had to hunt for it.

I think perhaps the name is a little confusing in that regard. It does give the initial impression that participants be having a relatively direct effect on management decisions. Having looked at it (and yes it could do with some more detail on the website) I think it’s more of a feedback survey tool which in itself is not a groundbreaking idea – it’s the UX that’s unique. I don’t think it’s inviting customers to individual make important business decisions because that would be a disaster. Whoever said “the customer is always right” has never owned a business.

How many boring emails do you get for post-transaction surveys and net promoter scoring – I get heaps and never respond because they are so uninspiring. A fresh approach like this is well overdue.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. info@360partners.com.au www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    BeOurCEO
    JamesMillar, post: 271424, member: 5318 wrote:
    Your approach in simplifying (with better UX) the feedback survey model is great. I think the traditional surveys, emails, forms that all have uninspiring UX underperform on a very important function.

What platform is it delivered by / on? I think app installations are a fail for these niche items so I hope it’s browser-based so that it’s readily accessible and usable in a range of environments.

Thanks for your feedback James.

Yes you are correct, we did some UX/UI research and found that app installations were a fail so we opted for an easily accessible browser-based option that doesn’t carry the luggage (installations, sudden app closures, updates, etc..) that come with apps.

BeOurCEO
    eagleeye, post: 271426, member: 21966 wrote:

Thanks for your feedback.

We’ve taken your comments on board and fleshed out our homepage a bit more to provide further clairty on what we’re about.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,175
    BeOurCEO, post: 271431, member: 119688 wrote:
    Thanks for your feedback.

We’ve taken your comments on board and fleshed out our homepage a bit more to provide further clairty on what we’re about.
    Please feel free to add a signature panel [USER=119688]@BeOurCEO[/USER] if you’d like to include your website link. :)

http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/index.php?account/signature

Cheers
    Paul

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485

Sounds like just another boring old feedback system which will be manipulated by the business to only get the results you want. Really whats different between image based surveys and tick and flick. Nothing just a bit easier to answer.

I also question the figures you give on your home page, sounds very much what sounds good lets throw it in there to look impressive, nil substance behind them.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    JamesMillar, post: 271428, member: 5318 wrote:
    Whoever said “the customer is always right” has never owned a business.

Sadly this is still the primary thing that marketers, trainers and other so called business guru’s roll out on a daily basis, only because they have run out of any unique ideas.

comicad
    • Total posts: 10

Thought I would test this site out so I registered my business and I must say I am very impressed.

Analytics – Definelty no manipulation here bb1. It’s early days but the dashboard charts clearly display a representation of every single survey that was filled out by every one of my customers in a beautiful pie chart. I have a wholistic view of what consumers think of my business. Not sure how anyone would be able to manipulate the numbers.

Uniqueness – I’ve received feedback and overwhelmingly people are saying they love being able to provide strategic feedback and input instead of complaining about trivial things like how expensive my prices are compared to others. They also love the ease of the image selections and how each image represents a real business area.

I do however agree I’m kind of scratching my head at the numbers and figures at the bottom of the homepage and how they were derived.

James Millar
    Participant

the other problem with feedback being used to shape decisions is making sure you get the right data from the right people. The common theory being that a disproportionate number of people go to the effort of complaining or leaving negative reviews as compared to those that are otherwise very happy with the product or service that don’t bother to leave that feedback. You would not want to change your business or process because …for example there were say 5 negative comments if the other 95 were positive and never bothered to offer the feedback. And public review sites (which this is not) are now being manipulated by competitors and in some cases cases of outright blackmail to damage reputation.

Anyway, this platform does not have those issues but feedback used on decision making ….proceed with caution

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.