Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Best affiliate network for travel company?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    DarianCulbert
    • Total posts: 49
    Up
    ::

Hi fellow soloists!

My company specializes in cruise trips in Halong Bay, Vietnam and I am looking for an affiliate network to join to promote our cruise tours!
    Can you recommend me some networks please?

pix2print.com.au
    • Total posts: 178
    Up

HI Darian,

I have just started looking for the best Australian affiliate marketing networks as well. Slightly different business than you have, but I think a good network should be able to service many types of different businesses.

Wondering if you have done some more research yourself or had any recommendations outside Flying Solo you could share?

Thanks,
    Jude

createdevelop
    • Total posts: 171
    Up

Over the last few years I have tried a few different affiliate networks and to be honest NONE have worked. We tried clixgalore, commission junction, paydotcom, ejunkie etc. We put a few hundred dollars into each one for promotion. All of them pretty much took the money without any return.

If anyone has used one that works I would love to hear about it.

pix2print.com.au
    Up

oh wow, that sounds pretty dismal… not sure if I want to invest my money (and time) in setting it up then…

I am reading up on some of them now, might try one or two who don’t charge setup and seem to treat affiliates well. Will let you know if I find a good one.

Createdevelop, did they charge you monthly fees or something? I had the impression from most I am reading about that it doesn’t cost merchants anything apart from when there is a sale?

If anybody out there finds this thread and has any experience with affiliate marketing (good or bad), please share!!

Thanks,
    Jude

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Jude,

You might find these articles on affiliate marketing from our contributor Steve Ford to be interesting reading.

Hope that helps,
    Jayne

pix2print.com.au
    Up

Thanks Jayne,

Will definitely read them, but was more hoping for some independent feedback from people who don’t run a business of affiliate marketing :-)

It seems some of them are not great for people who are trying to make money by promoting the businesses, with some people complaining they never saw any money because of minimim payment setups etc, which is just plain outrageous. I want to avoid using them as I want to make sure I keep those people who are helping to promote my business as my friends and I definitely want to reward them for the hard work they do! (even if it is only a payment of $30 in a month because they just sold one photo book…)

But hopefully this is the good one I was looking for!!

Thanks,
    Jude

pix2print.com.au
    Up

:-(

He is not an affiliate program, he just seems to use other (existing networks)

Shame, was hoping I had found ‘the one’…

DanielM
    • Total posts: 241
    Up

Not sure about cruise affiliates. However, I know some good hotel, flight and car rental affiliates.

Jude – Try PeerFly, I am an affiliate with them and I have had no issues.

Regards

pix2print.com.au
    Up

Thanks Daniel,

I have joined The Affiliate Gateway (TAG) and they seem to be a good one to go with. No sign up cost etc as they take a percentage of the revenue. As this might sound expensive, in my opinion it also means that they realise they have to support you and promote you, as if you don’t make any money on sales through affiliates, then they don’t either. it also means they try to help you finding affiliates that are right for you, but you can also find your own and have them sign up with them as affiliate, pick you as a merchant and away you go!

If anybody has any questions, please feel free to send me an email. I won’t be able to properly report on them until a few months in I suppose… wish me luck – and if you want to be an affiliate for high quality photo books and calendars let me know (I am interested especially in travel agents, other travel related companies and wedding related companies. But happy to hear from you if you have a different company and would like to make money as an affiliate! :-)

Cheers,
    Jude

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.