Home – New Forums Money matters Best bank/card for lots of US/overseas purchases

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    trudatmak
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hey guys,

From my AUD bank, I pay US based companies (in USD) for manufacturing, shipping, warehousing and order fulfillment. The majority of my customers are US based, and my preferred manufacturer is US based, which is why I’m virtually setting things up that way.

However, this means AUDs currency is forever being converted to US costs, and I lose a little on the conversion every time. This adds up a lot on larger purchases

I’m wondering if there is any bank or card or other kind of way I can avoid this conversion all of the time and make things easier and simpler on my pockets. Or even give some upsides?

I only use debit cards for payment. As british immigrant residing permantly in Oz now, credit cards aren’t an option unfortunately as banks haven’t looked favorably on my travelling/freelancing lifestyle over the past 7 years, regardless of my current income.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Surely theres some kind of upside to all of the overseas spending?

Thank you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.