Home – New Forums Tech talk Best flip-book program?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    Up
    ::

I currently use issuu.com, for small documents (2-3 pages).

However, when we recently tried to upload the full catalogue (34 pages), the documents is quite fractured.

Our designer has tried several times, but I think it’s just too ‘complex’ for issuu to handle, so I’m on the lookout for something new.

I don’t even mind paying, say up to $100, if I can use the program for more than 1 document.

Preferably would like to host on own website, but open to others.

Obviously I’ve googled, but don’t want to run into the same problem after shelling out $$

Any suggestions?

bradzo
    • Total posts: 335
    Up

I uploaded a PDF to issuu – I’m still waiting…….

Another one you might want to look at is:

http://turn-page.com/online-interactive-publications/index.php

(I didn’t spend too much time on this……:) )

YMMV!

Cheers
    Brad

SELawyers
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

I have a colleague who runs a horse magazine that’s over 50 pages an releases an issue each month. Have checked with her, but she got hers custom built as couldnt find anything suitable. I can grab the contact she used if you like, but I would think it’s alot more than $100 :)

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

A colleague of mine does this kind of stuff a lot, I’ll ask him about it next time I see him.

SalenaKnight
    Up
    CondorCreative, post: 88131 wrote:
    A colleague of mine does this kind of stuff a lot, I’ll ask him about it next time I see him.

thank you

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

Ok… just spoke with my friend earlier and he doesn’t use a program himself; however he did say you can get programs like you wanted though for like $30 – $50 and to just google something like “flash flip book”. I guess you could either try out a demo of it if they offer one or contact them and ask if it would suit your needs.

ElleDEsse
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

This one works well

Flash Page Flip

DigitalDomination
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

I have had issues with issuu but found if we save the document as a word.doc (2000) version then it generally works. You should have the normal margins on the page also.

My PDF’s never work.

SalenaKnight
    Up
    ElleDEsse, post: 88269 wrote:
    This one works well

Flash Page Flip

thank you – had a look, and I’ll need to investigate transferring to swf, as I have the indesign files and the pdf only.

SalenaKnight
    Up
    DigitalDomination, post: 88341 wrote:
    I have had issues with issuu but found if we save the document as a word.doc (2000) version then it generally works. You should have the normal margins on the page also.

My PDF’s never work.

nice to know it’s not just me! As mentioned, I donit know if this is a solution, given the complexity of the document.

I’ve looked at Flipdocs, which will cost about $50 to convert the one document, and may have to go with that, if nothing else pops up (pun intended).

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.