Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Best marketing on a budget after relocating

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DrGear
    Participant
    • Total posts: 34
    Up
    ::

My business has experienced an incredibly rocky 18 months with plenty of issues and where our shop was previously located becoming a ghost town. We’ve now moved to a much better location in the heart of where our customers are, but we’re seeing next to none despite being on the main thoroughfare and whatnot.

Delays in the move meant my cashflow has been destroyed so any recommendations on ways to drum up some extra notoriety on the cheap or even free would be of great help.

No.Grey.Suits
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Did you do a launch with the move? Are you located in a shopping or business centre, can you ask them to “borrow their audience” to do an EDM to their database announcing your awesome new store? Contacted local news to see if they’d be interested in doing a story on a new store?

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

i’d love to be able to help but I am loathe to say anything at all before knowing what the business does, who it appeals to, what methods you are using that are not working etc.

Taking a huge punt, advertising on Gumtree and joining related groups and being helpful on Facebook and Linked in would be my go-to’s.

Devon Smith
    Participant
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

I think Paul has given some great ideas, focus your efforts on targeting your local, surrounding market, maybe beef up the groups you belong to on Facebook, and maybe look at your local SEO efforts.

Freelancer for Business: Localist, Found, Q Building, and Mantis
    RhysHughes
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Assuming you are a local business with either a shop or a mobile service, I would focus on your Google My Business profile by collecting reviews, adding images and so forth.

It is 100% free.

DrGear
    Participant
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

For some reason I was getting errors trying to log into the forum for the last god knows how long so I couldn’t reply.

We’ve been in the new spot for a few months now and things picked up a little, then dropped off again as all the joys of the current economic realities hit home for everyone.

We’re a music shop that sells new and used instruments, as well as being a repair business and we’ve got a music school. We’ve got the physical shop and an online store but the online store is basically dead in the water and gets no traction. I’ve basically given up on Google ads because they never return us anything as our industry is notoriously cutthroat and many of the big guys will spend what we earn in a month just on marketing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.