Home – New Forums Selling online Best payment gateway for low volume/low $ sales

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Mary Gardam
    • Total posts: 192
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I’m putting together a number of ebooks, kits, guides etc that I’d like to sell ranging from $27 through to around $200.

While I’m just starting out I’d like a low cost online payment option that is still trustworthy ( I read Agentmails thread but he is looking at much larger volume and $ value) I was thinking PayPal but interested to know if there are other options.

Also is it difficult to set-up?

Looking forward to your comments.

Mary.

MichaelDigital
    • Total posts: 140
    Up

What is your objection to Paypal, it is ideal for selling ebooks, low volume-easy to set up, configure payment buttons-you can accept credit cards if buyers do not have a paypal account, easy to transfer to your own bank account-low fees, widely used?
    Moneybookers, Paymate, Skrill & Google Wallet are some others, it seems to be a growth area currently-best of luck

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

For low volume and socially acceptable integration to your website or shopping cart – stick with Paypal.

CoreTech
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Hi Mary, as already mentioned PayPal is probably the best option for basic online sales.
    It is relatively easy to setup, with the first step being signing up as a business account and going through the banking verification process, which at most will take 4-5 days before you’re up in running. I believe the paypal account interface is setup for novice users in mind, with a number of user-friendly buttons and instructions to get your paypal gateway setup for the website.

There are a number of other payment gateways, however paypal is probably the most easiest. The base fee structure for paypal is 2.9% + 0.30c for each transaction. This rate obviously gets cheaper if you surpass X number of sales for the month. However lets say you’re selling a book for $20. After you do the calculation, this leaves you with $19.12.

Hope that helps.

Mary Gardam
    Up

Thanks guys.

I don’t have any objection to Paypal just thought I’d see if there were any other options that I didn’t know about.

Thanks for your comments!

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up

HI Mary,

PayPal is definitely a good starting point whilst ‘test the waters’.

If you find that you start getting some volume and the PayPal Merchant Service Fees (MSF) are too high we can certainly help you.

http://www.eway.com.au/pricing

The top plans are ‘eWAY Merchant Services’ where we setup the merchant account etc for you, it’s available with a monthly plan.

The bottom plans are ‘Gateway Only’ where you must setup the merchant account (we will still help you) and you pay your MSF to the bank and your gateway fees to eWAY.

Maclean

Mary Gardam
    Up

Hi Maclean,

Thanks let’s hope I have that problem sooner rather than later ;)

I’ll definitely keep eWay in mind.

Thanks

Mary

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

Hey Mary,

+1 to Paypal.
    The clients I have that use eWay can’t say enough good things about them. (and I have a very nice free bouncy ball from their stand at the E-commerce Expo)

Alternative cheap payment gateways to look into if none of the above suit you:
    Braintree
    EPath

John

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    JohnTranter, post: 183653 wrote:
    and I have a very nice free bouncy ball from their stand at the E-commerce Expo)

I want a bouncy ball.. i NEED a bouncy ball.. :D

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 183661 wrote:
    I want a bouncy ball.. i NEED a bouncy ball.. :D

I’m pretty sure we’ll be at Online Retailer in Melbourne in July, go say hi to the guys. I guarantee Matt (our CEO) will have already attempted to hit you with a ball from distance before you get anywhere near the booth!

Maclean

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    eWAY, post: 183664 wrote:
    I’m pretty sure we’ll be at Online Retailer in Melbourne in July, go say hi to the guys. I guarantee Matt (our CEO) will have already attempted to hit you with a ball from distance before you get anywhere near the booth!

Maclean

July, i want a ball NOW.. NOW I SAY.. LOL.. 😮

Tell Matt, i will only let him through a ball at me (and i am a good sized target) if he brings a great little promoter named Maclean on a road trip to Melbourne tooooooooo!

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.