Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Best places to advertise

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SuperMinimal
    • Total posts: 21
    Up
    ::

Hey everyone

I have a smallish budget for advertising but I don’t really want to just hit and miss. I would love to hear from people what has worked the best for them in terms of advertising. We are a web company offering free websites for hosting and domain name only ($149).

So far I’ve found gumtree to be the best place. Though I’m struggling to think of many other places. If you were looking to have a website made where would you look? I’d love to know this would really help me!

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

Annabel

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

Again Annabel, I can only speak for myself.

I was looking for a Brisbane web developer fairly recently.
    The three things important to me at the time were:

– location of developer (wanted someone local)
    – price
    – proven track record

Where did I look? I looked in two places only. 1. Google. and 2. Flying Solo.

Funnily enough, it was actually a combination of the two that led to me finding someone. The person I went with had Google Alerts set up and through their google alerts picked up my POST from this forum under “resources / Referrals”. She read the post, subsequently joined Flying Solo (having never heard of them before) and made contact with me.

Fish where the fish are I say… No matter what kind of marketing you’re doing.
    IE, you’re looking for people who want budget websites. What kind of people will be in the market for budget websites? Small Business people looking for an online brochure and contact form and the like? Hope this helps.

DKChoices
    • Total posts: 101
    Up

I think what might work best for you would depend on what your target market is and who you want to target.

Is it only people in your vicinity? If so, maybe a direct marketing appproach calling businesses or sending flyers is appropriate.

If you are looking for a broader customer base and willing to work remotely with the client, then spending time and money on broader nationwide campaigns might make sense.

JGF
    • Total posts: 73
    Up

I would do some homework on what is your most likely prospects and do some direct marketing. This is a little harder work and a little more time consuming but is more cost effective than broad advertising.
    Try telemarketing to a specific list of businesses that would most likely use your services. I would assume a good market for you would be individual tradesman, who may have a low budget and require a simple website. keep in mind this market is usually busy working, so get to the point very quickly and preferably ask for their email to send some more info.
    Then you can send a follow up email in a few weeks to remind them and don’t call them again, wait for them to call you. Then put you time into calling new prospects. This will work, it will just take a bit of time. I would assume all advertising would as you are in a very competitive market.

Regards
    John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.