Home – New Forums Logistics Best Shipping Options

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Trnx
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

I’m starting my own importing business on shopify, selling mobile phone accessories. I’ve been trying to explore shipping options to my customers and it seems like Australia post is the only option. However, if I were to offer “free shipping” to my customers, paying 7 dollars per product pretty much eats away my margin… Is there any cheaper alternatives? Is 3PL even a possibility?

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Kdeez, post: 196155 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

I’m starting my own importing business on shopify, selling mobile phone accessories. I’ve been trying to explore shipping options to my customers and it seems like Australia post is the only option. However, if I were to offer “free shipping” to my customers, paying 7 dollars per product pretty much eats away my margin… Is there any cheaper alternatives? Is 3PL even a possibility?

Hi {insert name here}

Welcome on board, glad to see your first post seeking some sage advice. May i suggest you also pop along to the introduce yourself section as most regulars (or maybe i am odd.. oops) love to get to know the person behind the questions (not too intrusively i promise) in order to assist you the best possible way.

Although, re your shipping and with smaller items, you may find it challenging as you may be competing with your suppliers selling directly and even offering free postage out of Hong Kong or China.. its an amazing space you have opted to go for, and there are some AWESOME product offerings so i look forward to seeing what you do..

You may find Australia post to be the most robust and complete offering available for your service, look at click&send (australia post) to get tracking and cheaper parcel deliveries (marginally) as well..

Re 3PL, not my area of expertise, if you are baulking at $7 a parcel to post you may not like 3PL.. only saying this as they charge you delivery + warehousing + picking + etc etc…

All the best
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Trnx,

Welcome to Flying Solo :)

As Jason mentioned, we’re all looking forward to getting to know you, so when you get a moment, please do pop over to the New Members section of the forum and say g’day to us all.

Thanks for joining us, and I hope Jason’s info is helpful for you. (Thanks Jason :))
    Jayne

wimp
    • Total posts: 42
    Up

Hi There

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your new venture.

Best shipping options? Its certainly an important consideration, when running an online business, And unfortunately there is no easy answer.

Packaging, size, weight, volume and service required are important factors, and will usually determine the price you pay.

Spend some time researching your options, shop around and see which one is the best fit for your business. (There is no “one size fits all” in the transport industry).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.