Home – New Forums Tech talk Best way to record phone calls

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    ::

I’m going to start offering some interviews and I want to record the phone call(s) that I have and then download them via mp3 or mp4 format… etc

but I don’t want to use skype

Anyone knows any option to do this?

websitedesigner
    • Total posts: 917
    Up

Hi Gab why don’t you want to use Skype? In know a lot of the podcasters use Skype call recorder. Do you have a different VOIP provider? Or do you want to use a normal line? I use Engin for VOIP and the iPhone app allows recording but it has little beeps throughout which isn’t great

MJS_Virtual
    • Total posts: 82
    Up

Hi,

I have quite a few clients that use call recording software from NCH and swear by it: http://www.nch.com.au/hardware/callrec.html

You could also consider a call recording service like http://www.1300record.com.au

Good luck :-)

HamishBorthen
    • Total posts: 51
    Up
    seocourse, post: 73202 wrote:
    I’m going to start offering some interviews and I want to record the phone call(s) that I have and then download them via mp3 or mp4 format… etc

but I don’t want to use skype

Anyone knows any option to do this?

If you want to use your normal landline then you can get a cheap device of ebay for about $20 that will allow you to do it. Search for “phone recorder”

You just plug your phone line into one end, phone in the other. Connect to your pc via a 3.5mm jack and run their software. You’ll want to leave yourself plenty of time to get it working.. mine took me a few goes to interpret the instructions but works a treat.

Though now I actually have VOIP and just use my VOIP software on the computer to record calls as needed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.