Home – New Forums Starting your journey Best ways to market a mens clothing label

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    oneinamillion
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hey Ive just spent 3 years perfecting roughly about 12 tshirt designs and a couple of hats. Ive got a website for my clothing label, got a big cartel shop and also have my tshirts in one store but having to purchase 1000 tshirts and 300 hats was quite a costly task that pretty much wiped me out financially.
    If anyone could help in regards to the best ways for me to go about getting my tshirts in other stores or the best ways to market a clothing label would be greatly appreciated.
    I have found it hard getting traffic to my website because of the content issue I have a blog, tumblr account and facebook and the rest but its still hard to get consistent traffic.
    look forward to your advice thanks
    Simon

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi Simon,

Welcome to Flying Solo’s forums. If you were to add a signature (via Control Panel, top left) it may help with the traffic to your site ;) Well a little bit anyway.

There are some links in this post about how retailers like to be approached, which may prove a useful read.

Good luck!

Sam

PineapplePear
    • Total posts: 83
    Up

Hi Simon

Welcome!
    Are you able to post your website so we can take a look at your work? Might help us with ideas :)

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

It is a huge question Simon.

You need to build a following, Instagram may be a good place to start. What sets you apart and why would people choose you over the other items available.

Can you appeal to the wives and girlfriends to buy for their men.

Have you created an avatar of your ideal client.

I won’t go on but there is lot to think about with any product, clothing has a huge amount of competition.

King Creative
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

Hi Simon,

If your marketing budget is low I’d suggest building up your social media pages and followers. Do you have a Pinterest account? I know it attracts more females than males but wives and girlfriends often buy clothes for their men or help them decide what to buy anyway so it could be a good start…and it’s free to setup.

Also do you know any famous people? Would they be willing to wear some of your clothes and post up pics on their social media?

Good luck with your venture.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Simon, yes facebook, instergram, and all those social media channels are all good, however this is not going to get you into stores if that is what your distribution strategy is?

Good old hit the pavement is the way. You might try and hold some fashion parade in some shopping centres. Perhaps you can display some cloths at some hair dresses or jewellery stores.

Direct marketing is your best strategy…

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    oneinamillion, post: 189258 wrote:
    Hey Ive just spent 3 years perfecting roughly about 12 tshirt designs and a couple of hats. Ive got a website for my clothing label, got a big cartel shop and also have my tshirts in one store but having to purchase 1000 tshirts and 300 hats was quite a costly task that pretty much wiped me out financially.
    If anyone could help in regards to the best ways for me to go about getting my tshirts in other stores or the best ways to market a clothing label would be greatly appreciated.
    I have found it hard getting traffic to my website because of the content issue I have a blog, tumblr account and facebook and the rest but its still hard to get consistent traffic.
    Simon

Simon — I’d suggest you do a ring around for sales agents and find someone who will represent your brand. They’ll usually take 10-15% commission ex GST price, and as long as they are reputable, and have a good clientele, will get your brand moving. Along with this, start hitting the pavement or calling to gain appointments with the stores in your city.

Without seeing your website it is hard to address the other questions, however what you want to be doing above all else is building your email list, and mailing to them regularly. 97% of traffic aren’t ready to buy, but of those, 70% will buy at some point. If you aren’t there in front of them regularly, they won’t remember you.

Steve_v1.0
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    oneinamillion, post: 189258 wrote:
    Simon

Hi Simon
    Have you ever considered approaching rock bands? Depending on your designs, there is a distinct possibility that a band would want to wear your brand while performing etc. This is usually done as a full or partial endoresment. Full = you pay for all their T-shirts and caps or partial = they get a discount. The band will normally place on their social media pages too that they have that endorsement, along with your page link.

I know this is done by large and small bands. I see this all the time.

Just one avenue you might consider.

Regards and best of luck with your venture

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.