Home Forums Find the help you need Beta testers for a new online app

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Calcul8or
    Participant
    • Total posts: 469

Hello everyone,

Being a freelance analyst/programmer, I was looking for an existing system that I could use to prioritise projects, see what impact my estimation of the time I thought each would take to complete had on the month ahead, take and record notes for each project, and most importantly to record the time I spend on each for billing purposes.

I couldn’t find anything I really liked, so I built one myself. The core functionality I was after is now complete and working, but there’s still a lot that needs to be done, which I’m working on at the moment. It’s not mobile-friendly yet, but will be in the not too distant future.

I’m not looking to promote it just yet, as it is not market ready, and am really only looking for 5-6 people who would be willing to start using it and provide feedback on how intuitive and easy to use (or otherwise) it is, and to find any flaws and make suggestions for improvement.

I want to keep it as simple as possible, and part of the deal is that I do not want to require people to enter their emails etc for membership. I won’t be using any kind of cookies or tracking devices, because to be perfectly blunt, I’m opposed to doing so, as I don’t believe it’s any business of mine or any other business to facilitate advertising, or monitor anyone for any purpose.

In return for their participation in getting the system ready for market, each “tester” will receive a free lifetime membership of the system, and also the opportunity to help shape an application they might find useful themselves.

If you’re interested, please PM me, and I’ll set up an account for you, and provide all the details.

Cheers,
    Shail

Daylah
    • Total posts: 14

It is open to all or is there a specific qualification to become a beta tester?

Calcul8or
    Participant
    Daylah, post: 266940, member: 115595 wrote:
    It is open to all or is there a specific qualification to become a beta tester?

Hi [USER=115595]@Daylah[/USER],

It’s open to anyone, with no qualifications or technical skills required at all. I’m just after some people to use the app as they would any other, and provide feedback and suggestions. That’s it.

Cheers,
    Shail

Daylah
    • Total posts: 14

[USER=29970]@Calcul8or[/USER] where do I sign up?

Calcul8or
    Participant
    Daylah, post: 266962, member: 115595 wrote:
    [USER=29970]@Calcul8or[/USER] where do I sign up?

Woohoo! Thanks [USER=115595]@Daylah[/USER]!

I’ve managed to get a group of 9 testers together (including you) from facebook & linkedin as well, so we’ll be ready to go very soon!

I’m just finishing off some instructions, and changing the colour scheme thanks to feedback from a “design guru” friend, because the last thing I want is people running a mile the minute they look at it! lol

I’ll be back in touch in the next few days with the details!

Thanks once again, looking forward to getting your feedback, and hope that it’s something that proves useful to you!

Cheers,
    Shail

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.