Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Better late than never 2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ic-uc
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

My name is George and I have joined to seek out some plain truths for myself. I am married with 2 kids. I have been in Aus 8 years and dont have any extended family or friend ties here, so will need to start everything from scratch (back home I could have got some referrals from friends who have their own businesses) I am not in a super high paying position, but am comfortable where I am, but feel that i need to be challenged and see some opportunities in my current industry for fresh ideas.

I am interested in starting my own business, but there is so much i need to learn and undertsand. I have a few ideas, but need to narrow them down to achieve what i want. I also need to get my head around all the other bits that I will need to look at which includes imports, accounting, legal (trademarks or patents?), finance (dont own my own place so where to from here??) etc……

I have come across a lot of valuable resources thus far on this site, and hope that you will indulge my “simple” questions from time to time.

Cheers.

Lucki
    • Total posts: 147
    Up

hi George,

Great to have you join us! You’re bound to find heaps of advice and support on this forum.

Not knowing exactly what business you intend on doing, it might be worth enquiring from your local council about their business networks as they often have training courses for nominal costs as well as seeking out Small business Victoria who have heaps of information.

Good luck with deciding on the business.

Lucki

Heidi Price
    • Total posts: 218
    Up
    ic-uc, post: 3369 wrote:
    I have a few ideas, but need to narrow them down to achieve what i want.

Well hi there George :)

We are a friendly gang here, so ask questions, give opinions, and don’t forget to join in the humorous bits too!

Here’s a thought to help narrow ideas down – Which one wakes you up in the middle of the night because your brain just won’t let it go?

Look forward to spotting you in the posts

Heidi

ic-uc
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Thanks guys. Look forward to sharing and questioning my ideas with you all.

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi George,

Welcome to the forums. It may seem tricky narrowing down your ideas and honing your knowledge, but the fact you’ve signed up to the forum and introduced yourself is a really great start.

I hope this forum helps get your business flying.

And remember, the only silly questions are the ones that go unasked!

All the best on behalf of the Flying Solo team.

Sam

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.