Home – New Forums Selling online Better then Auspost Click and Send?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    s_mocko
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi,
    I am only able to use auspost to ship my products domestically. I use satchels mainly to keep the price down. But when I have to use a box the price skyrockets. especially if it is up around 6 kilos. Over $100.

How come when I buy heavy boxes from my sources I am only paying like $40-50 for 5-6 kilos. And when I buy from ebay. These are getting shipped to me from auspost.

How are you ebay sellers able to offer cheaper shipping?

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    s_mocko, post: 240850, member: 87642 wrote:
    Hi,
    I am only able to use auspost to ship my products domestically. I use satchels mainly to keep the price down. But when I have to use a box the price skyrockets. especially if it is up around 6 kilos. Over $100.

How come when I buy heavy boxes from my sources I am only paying like $40-50 for 5-6 kilos. And when I buy from ebay. These are getting shipped to me from auspost.

How are you ebay sellers able to offer cheaper shipping?
    Hi and welcome to the forums s_mocko.

Thanks for posting.

Hopefully some helpful members will be along soon with some on-point advice.

Cheers

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Just a query why can you only use Auspost?

Possibly those offering better prices via Auspost are actually absorbing the difference in there sell price.

I also use a freight Aggregator (is that the right term), where you put in your sizing, and you are presented with quotes from several different courier companies. They are often cheaper than going to the courier company directly. I currently use Transdirect

Trent Tran
    Participant
    • Total posts: 166
    Up

[USER=87642]@s_mocko[/USER] , how many parcel do you send a week? That is the common questions asked for ALL couriers before giving you a better rate.
    For me, in the past when I was selling on eBay, on average 2 parcels a day and not qualified for eParcel (required at least 1000 parcels a year). Shipping on ebay will you around 3% to 5% off with Australia Post directly

In relation to a heavier item, try transdirect.com.au where you can compare multiple courier and you can find a cheaper solution than Australia Post

El Arish Tropical Exotics
    • Total posts: 227
    Up

Sendle has tried pitching me but I’m in their “remote zone” so they’re too expensive for me. However, their rates seem pretty good for more centrally located businesses.

Ann

Kokoronkwo
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

Maybe try the Officeworks “Mailman” service – it’s slower, and doesn’t deliver to PO Box numbers, but sounds pretty good. $20 up to 10kg.
    But yeah, I can’t believe how much postage costs once you are over the prepaid satchel size/weight. Very frustrating.

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up

Try Temando for boxes and interstate as well.

They’re an agregator and will allow you to get great rates from Couriers Please, Fastway etc

thekindconsultant
    • Total posts: 105
    Up

Check out Sendle. Used them extensively when I worked for a small publisher. The prices, especially for larger packages (e.g. a box of magazines) was great, even from NSW to WA, their dashboard is really easy to use, and it integrates well with other software like Xero.

easypods
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

I;m a sendle fan.
    Easy interface, great customer service

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.