Home – New Forums Selling online Better usability on checkout

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Marius Ciocan
    • Total posts: 44
    Up
    ::

After reading a lot about microcopy and checkout form validation, I’ve made some changes to my website – the test shows 5% better conversion.

I really appreciate if you want to take a look and let me know if you have better way to improve it.

The website is a local Melbourne florist: http://www.FloristMelb.com.au (please checkout test only – no test orders please – live website).
    Thanks a lot.

Steffen Daleng
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    Marius Ciocan, post: 189342 wrote:
    After reading a lot about microcopy and checkout form validation, I’ve made some changes to my website – the test shows 5% better conversion.

I really appreciate if you want to take a look and let me know if you have better way to improve it.

The website is a local Melbourne florist: http://www.FloristMelb.com.au (please checkout test only – no test orders please – live website).
    Thanks a lot.

A few things:

“Anonymous” – It could leave some people in doubt of the consequence with “yes” or “no” Making this more clear would improve usability. A small lightbox / popup with explanation could solve this.

The already checked “Florist Coupon list” – What does that mean? Am i automatically added an email list where i can expect to get spam ? – An info popup could be beneficial here with more info.

Other than that i would say its a quite good checkout, customized for your needs.

Although you are showing testimonials in the top right, i think it can easily get overlooked. It took me a few views before i noticed it.

Incorporating 3rd party review rating might be more beneficial as trust and social proof, if you have any available.

redleaftea
    • Total posts: 53
    Up

After I make a selection I am taken to a cart where there is no option to keep shopping (other than going back to the category menu); I assume it’s rare but not unheard of for someone to want multiple product from you?
    I am working with some florists now who offer chocolates, teddy bears and soon tea in addition to flowers and having that natural flow back to the store is useful.

pollypolkadot
    • Total posts: 55
    Up

Looks pretty comprehensive to me! I liked that you were able to add the suggested items without exiting the cart- hopefully that gets you some extra sales. =)
    All in all I thought it was very user friendly, which is the most important thing!

Polly

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up

You cover some of the key elements in a product checkout page — so that is good.

However, there are too many choices on checkout.

We can handle about 7 choices, and beyond that we get overwhelmed and it actually REDUCES sales.

My suggestion is you reduce the choices on the slider to one or two sizes of balloons etc. See if that changes your conversion levels.

jenny

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.