Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Biggest Business Challenges

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    shfta.com
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hello,

One of the biggest challenges I’m trying to overcome right now is getting exposure to more businesses and business owners.

It doesnt seem to matter what I try, an online business seems to get engulfed by the enormity of todays internet.

This is my biggest challenge at the moment. How to get new customers and getting my site in front of more business owners.

Any advice on this?

Cooke Consulting
    • Total posts: 122
    Up

Hi Carrick,

I’m no marketing or sales expert but everything I need in terms of exposure, leads, clients etc comes to me via LinkedIn.

Whether this will work for your business, I guess that depends on what you want to achieve.

If it’s of any help to you there is a free webinar that goes for about an hour that will give you an introduction of the sort of LinkedIn Strategies that have worked for me.

http://linkedinsuccess.com.au/free-linkedin-webinar/

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Carrick, I have had a look at your site, and the first thing I asked myself is why would I pay for answers to the these type of questions when I can just use free forums like this one?

shfta.com
    Up
    Tony Manto, post: 187062 wrote:
    Hi Carrick, I have had a look at your site, and the first thing I asked myself is why would I pay for answers to the these type of questions when I can just use free forums like this one?

Thats a bit like saying “Why would I buy bottled water when I can get it from the tap?”

There are similarities to posting on a forum with a few exceptions:

1. The business owner can remain anonymous and the questions and answers are private. The business owner can get into the specifics of their business without feeling exposed on a public forum.

2. The token advice you get on forums generally (not always) directs you to a consultant’s website or service offering which will cost you a lot more than you had originally planned. Our platform allows the business owner to predetermine how much they want to pay. If they are not receiving value they can choose not to pay.

3. Posting in a forum, from a user experience point of view, can be cumbersome. Shfta allows for business owners to open a browser on their phone and post a question. No concerns with it being posted in the wrong area. Also related to user experience, searching forums for existing answers takes time which would be better spent working on the business.

The benefits we see for SBO’s is they gain access to internationally crowd sourced, business advisors, consultants, accountants, and lawyers for business problems specific to them.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

I can appreciate all those responses, so what seams to be the biggest problem getting businesses on board?

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

Carrick, I haven’t looked at what you do but I think I can offer some advice just based on the general nature of your question…

It sounds like your issue is one of targeting to solve the “engulfing” problem you have. You need to utilise methods which put your business/services in front of the people you’re wanting to target.

So you could:
    1. Place some ads on Facebook and use their audience targeting features
    2. Place som ads on google which target certain segments of people
    3. Put some material into a industry magazine or editorial
    4. You could start a blog with articles answering questions which your targets might specifically be asking online.

There are a lot of ways to could tackle this, but the first step is to IDENTIFY where your targets are, and then figure out how to get involved in that space.

shfta.com
    Up
    Octopus Labs, post: 187129 wrote:
    4. You could start a blog with articles answering questions which your targets might specifically be asking online.

Lots of good suggestions there. This one above I like the best. I will look into it.

I have spent a lot of money on google adwords before and feel like it was not worth it.

Stephen Mayall
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Hi Carrick,

I can offer some help here but I see this was posted in February, have you had any luck since you posted this?

shfta.com, post: 187046 wrote:
    Hello,

One of the biggest challenges I’m trying to overcome right now is getting exposure to more businesses and business owners.

It doesnt seem to matter what I try, an online business seems to get engulfed by the enormity of todays internet.

This is my biggest challenge at the moment. How to get new customers and getting my site in front of more business owners.

Any advice on this?

Itch
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Advertising can be a real stretch for new businesses, particularly when you need to be cautious with your money and sites that pride themselves on free advertising are often cumbersome in traffic. Some of the places where you can speak directly to clients and future clients is by signing up to various business forums and openly share your personality, like we’re doing now on Flying Solo.

Your business idea seems unique enough for me to have a further look. However, it does make many people question why can’t they simply take extra precautions with their identity then hop on forums, image boards or other websites anonymously, asking their questions without diving into personal details. In this sense, it makes the bottled water comparison ironic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHx6BX3HZJc

Regardless of what I think of the business model, I’ll check out your site, share it around with a few mates, accumulate some feedback and let you know. Sound good?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.