Home – New Forums Tech talk Blog and Ping Tool

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up
    ::

Use Pingler.com to Drive Traffic your Blogs and Websites

Cheers
    Corey

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

A little more information would give your recommendation credibility.

How long have you used them? What results have you achieved? What are the benefits? and most importantly, do you have any affiliation?

Wendy :)

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

I’d like to know what it’s actually supposed to do, maybe I’m being thick but there’s a distinct lack of information on the website.

Bob Jones
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

These types of “ping” services have never really impressed me. Search engines these days do a pretty good job of finding and indexing new content. Innovations such as Google Caffeine are on the ball when it comes to content updates.

Loads of people also tweet, like and share their own content anyway, and I believe Search Engines pay more attention to those “notifications”

Unless you have a news site, is it really that important to have your content indexed 5 minutes sooner? Getting indexed doesn’t mean more traffic.

If anything, I believe that these services can lead to abuse (people pinging their content too often) which in turn will have a negative impact, if any.

People who use WordPress as their site content management system, don’t have to worry about third-party ping services, as it’s already built-in. If you still want to go ahead and ping the crap out of the Internet, you can find loads of services here to add to your list.

Corey
    Up
    Couple It, post: 97632 wrote:
    A little more information would give your recommendation credibility.

How long have you used them? What results have you achieved? What are the benefits? and most importantly, do you have any affiliation?

Information about pinging and pingler is at the site, text and a video.

I have used this tool now for approximately 12 months, if not longer.
    Results = traffic to the site
    Benefits = traffic, visitors, seo

I have NO affiliation with the site

Cheers
    Corey

Corey
    Up
    JohnTranter, post: 97637 wrote:
    I’d like to know what it’s actually supposed to do, maybe I’m being thick but there’s a distinct lack of information on the website.

There is information on the site about pinging and pingler, also a video

Cheers
    Corey

Corey
    Up
    Bob Jones, post: 97693 wrote:
    These types of “ping” services have never really impressed me. Search engines these days do a pretty good job of finding and indexing new content. Innovations such as Google Caffeine are on the ball when it comes to content updates.

Loads of people also tweet, like and share their own content anyway, and I believe Search Engines pay more attention to those “notifications”

Unless you have a news site, is it really that important to have your content indexed 5 minutes sooner? Getting indexed doesn’t mean more traffic.

If anything, I believe that these services can lead to abuse (people pinging their content too often) which in turn will have a negative impact, if any.

People who use WordPress as their site content management system, don’t have to worry about third-party ping services, as it’s already built-in. If you still want to go ahead and ping the crap out of the Internet, you can find loads of services here to add to your list.

I listed this free tool for others to educate themselves and increase traffic to their site.
    I did not list this tool to impress anyone.
    I thought it might be a useful tool for folks to use.

Cheers
    Corey

Bob Jones
    • Total posts: 215
    Up
    Corey, post: 97730 wrote:
    I listed this free tool for others to educate themselves and increase traffic to their site.

Cheers
    Corey

I was only giving my opinion about the tool. Nothing else.

Explainafide
    • Total posts: 19
    Up

The more you update your website, the more Google indexes your page, the quicker your new page gets on Google.

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Thanks for clarifying. That makes your intentions much clearer than

Use Pingler.com to Drive Traffic your Blogs and Websites

Liza Tailor
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

If your site is built in WordPress which has its own ping function, does a single ping by pingler.com (or PingNinja.com) provide any extra value?

Keeta Nova
    • Total posts: 294
    Up

Thanks for the tip mate!

I do love that so many people are getting heated about pinging or not pinging!

Corey
    Up
    Liza Tailor, post: 97764 wrote:
    If your site is built in WordPress which has its own ping function, does a single ping by pingler.com (or PingNinja.com) provide any extra value?

Liza, your best bet is directing that question to pingler themselves @ their helpdesk http://www.pingler.com/helpdesk/

Cheers
    Corey

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    Corey, post: 97729 wrote:
    There is information on the site about pinging and pingler, also a video

Cheers
    Corey

Say I have little idea about ‘pinging’ in an SEO context, I’m met on the home page by
    “A basic premium account allows you to store 25 Links (URLs) in your account. These links will be automatically pinged every three days”
    That means pretty little to me.

The video is titled “How to ping using Pingler”, doesn’t entice me to click on it, I want to know what Pingler does rather than how to use it.
    I continue scrolling down and click on the FAQ link and am welcomed by “FAQ Coming Soon!”

Just my 2c

Corey
    Up
    JohnTranter, post: 97791 wrote:
    Say I have little idea about ‘pinging’ in an SEO context, I’m met on the home page by
    “A basic premium account allows you to store 25 Links (URLs) in your account. These links will be automatically pinged every three days”
    That means pretty little to me.

The video is titled “How to ping using Pingler”, doesn’t entice me to click on it, I want to know what Pingler does rather than how to use it.
    I continue scrolling down and click on the FAQ link and am welcomed by “FAQ Coming Soon!”

Just my 2c

• I use the free service
    • Pingler is not my site
    • There is information –

at the Blog http://pingler.com/blog/ and the helpdesk @ http://www.pingler.com/helpdesk/ and Latest News @ http://pingler.com/helpdesk/index.php?/News/List

• Send Pingler an email

Cheers
    Corey

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.