Home Forums Starting your journey Blog name

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Christina2590
    • Total posts: 89

Hi everyone,

I know this is probably such a typical question to be asked however I need help with my blog name.

I love to cook and in turn have created an in instagram account where I have approx. 2500 followers, I really want to focus on doing more with it, eg creating cooking videos, sharing them on youtube etc however I feel that I need to change my blog name. The name I currently use was something I didn’t put a lot of thought into and I feel doesn’t really encompass what I am about. I don’t want anything that includes my name as I feel that maybe it makes it a little tacky?

The style of food I create is pretty much just simple and easy tasting meals, that don’t take forever to make, pasta, rice, European dishes to reflect my cultural background, potato bake, salads etc, I try to keep it healthy

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,141

Whatever name you choose, make sure that the same name is available on all of the social channels you are likely to use.

There are free tools on the internet to do this.

Do you have any names in mind that might make it to your final list?

I wonder if a tag line below your current name could be used instead? That way, you wouldn’t have to go to near as much trouble.

Cheers

Christina2590

That’s the hardest part, making sure the name is available on all social channels.

I don’t have any name is particular that I like or even comes to mind. but things along the lines of:

– Don’t skip dessert (which doesn’t make sense sa im not really focusing on desserts)
    – love and risotto
    – the cozy kitchen or my cozy kitchen
    – the mess I made
    – just a foodie
    – just a taste
    – a dash of yum
    – my kitchen snaps
    – just a bite

Paul – FS Concierge

Being creative and evocative works in food names.

A dash of yum is both:-)

Some other words to consider:

• eats
    • chow
    • dish
    • fare
    • nums

One or 2 that come to mind:

You me yum

Fast but fare

Keep the conversation going.

Cheers

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485

I can see 2 problems with doing it this way.

1st a business name (which a blog really is), has to be you, it has to reflect what you are, what you are comfortable with, doing it this way, it isn’t you, it’s Paul or Bert or Freida. Come up with a name, and sell it to the most important person ”you”

2nd Alll the names suggested above I have just registered, so try something else. seriously I haven’t but I have known people who do, and then try to sell them back to you.

I am unclear why you don’t want your name in the blog title. Mention Ramsay, Poh, Bloomthal, etc, etc. They trade on their name, not the Yum blog, become famous as you, sell you.

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691

I’m with Bert on this one.

I think food is just recipes, until you add personality. Which is how chef’s make their name.

Even more so if the format is a blog.

Christina2590

I do get what everyone means by using my first name, but that then becomes another issue, what sounds good using the name christina

Paul – FS Concierge

Here is a list of 50 food blogs in Australia:

https://www.stayathomemum.com.au/houseandhome/kitchen/50-top-australian-food-bloggers/

Perusing the list, it seems very roughly one third reference their names.

Christina’s Creations (or a variation such as Chrissy, Chris etc) would work if you wanted to use your name.

I’m sure there are plenty more out there though!

Cheers

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Christina2590, post: 269895, member: 57952 wrote:
    I do get what everyone means by using my first name,

I actually don’t think you do get it, your next questions kind of indicates that you don’t.

Christina2590, post: 269895, member: 57952 wrote:
    what sounds good using the name christina
    It doesnt matter what sounds good with the Name Christina, Does Gordon or Heston stand out, no it’s their cooking. It doesnt matter what sounds good, you need to prove that your cooking / recipes / blog is worth coming to, its not the fancy name, its the product.

Make your name shine for what you are providing, not because of some cheap tag line, I can hear the marketers gagging on their wheeties already.

Dave – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 2,541

I agree with Bert – your creations will make the name, not the other way round.

Christina2590 would be a fine name!

I think most of your ideas sound like the million other food blogs. A name that stands out would likely be a non-food name.

Then again “Coddled by Christina” has a ring to it, and a double meaning :)

Dave
    P.S. Don’t worry about the twitter handles etc. You can always use a slight variation if not available.

Veromo
    • Total posts: 3
    Christina2590, post: 269874, member: 57952 wrote:
    That’s the hardest part, making sure the name is available on all social channels.

I don’t have any name is particular that I like or even comes to mind. but things along the lines of:

– Don’t skip dessert (which doesn’t make sense sa im not really focusing on desserts)
    – love and risotto
    – the cozy kitchen or my cozy kitchen
    – the mess I made
    – just a foodie
    – just a taste
    – a dash of yum
    – my kitchen snaps
    – just a bite

Hi Christina,

I have read your query and firstly congratulate you on your Instagram following. Your blog and your instagram page / name should have synergy. So in the first instance – with a following of 2,500 people, you maybe need to consider this as a starting point – ie how can you use or adapt your instagram handle. You will want to leverage your instagram followers to promote your blog.

I represent a business called Veromo, we have just joined flying solo. Our mission is to get entrepreneurs into business faster and then to help them work smarter not harder.

We have a great tool called the NameFinder – it is a free tool you can use to find the perfect business name. We check the Australian Business registry to see if a business name is available, find the available domain names and extensions that match your name as well as find the social media handles that are available to support the name. For example – I used the form to check the availability of “just a foodie” and the search on our namefinder returned that this name is available in Australia as is the .com.au domain name: Click on this link.: https://app.veromo.com.au/once-form/name-finder?searchName=chrissy%27s%20food%20blog It will also show you the social media handles that are available to support this name.

You can try different names ad infinitum.

We also have a great blog read: https://www.veromo.com/stepping-into-startup-part-2-an-easy-5-step-plan-to-find-your-perfect-business-name/

One note – if you choose to go for a .com.au domain name, you will have to register for an ABN ( Australian Business Number). We can help you can secure both your domain name and your ABN

I hope that this helps you. Good luck. If we can be of further assistance. Let me know. Jenny

JonJon1212
    • Total posts: 10

You can’s stand the competition without exposing your real name at some point. Think about it – who are some top niche bloggers you look up to?

Do they really use assumed name or alias?

Using a real name also prompts you to perform at your best cause it’s your real name at stake. You associate yourself with it unconsciously.

Joli
    • Total posts: 37

When I heard your name the first thing that came to mind is Christina Cooks (which I think is already taken) or Cooking with Christina.

Though looking at that list Paul shared… I’m wondering if you have a niche you can tap into i.e. comfort food, home style cooking, a spot of Europe in Aus…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.