Home – New Forums Other discussions blog post subjects

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up
    ::

hey all

have recently re-launched my own website (in the footer)

it now includes a blog and the idea is to cover aspects of web design that potential clients may not understand about websites and the process or would find useful once they have a new website…

so, after suggestions for some topics….

what would you find useful??

thanks

craig

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Websites often don’t reduce their content enough so tips on that would be good.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Speaking about educating clients about web design process, this may be useful {tongue-in-cheek} :p

How a Web Design Goes Straight to Hell by The Oatmeal

Your best source of information will probably be your clients themselves. I didn’t see a mailing list in your site but I assume you have your clients on your list? Perhaps design a simple questionnaire that they can complete in under five minutes?

Check out what other web design blogs are talking about as well, I’ve found researching my competitors to be very useful.

Also, a small note, the Blog link in your footer under Site Map leads to a 404 at http://www.craiglongmuir.com/blog.

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

thanks. no email signup..i personally don’t like them much ( for my work anyhow)

can relate to that toaster website! perhaps a “how to annoy your web designer guide” :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

I understand about email newsletters. I feel the same sometimes.

Yes! A tongue-in-cheek guide on how to annoy your web designer would be fun ;) If you do write one up, let me know, I would love to read it :D

John Romaine
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,108
    Up

Listen to what your customers are asking and turn those into blog post entries.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.