Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Blogging and exposure

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    kerrytaka
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

I’ve just starting blogging. After an inital slow start, I find that I now really enjoy it. It’s on my website http://www.kerrytaka.com but how can I extend the exposure. I unfortunately have difficulty with Facebook. I find it’s really not my thing and have probably limited myself in this respect. Any suggestions for getting a blog out there appreciated ? The blog I guess is an extention of what I/my business represents in an indirect way.

Cheers
    Kerry

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

first thing that springs to mind is sharing your blog posts with your twitter followers, if you have an account that is.

Kathy Creaner
    • Total posts: 152
    Up

Hi Kerry

One way to get blog followers is to be one. If you’re actively commenting on other people’s blogs, you’ll find that they and their followers will come and look at yours. I have a whole community of running friends in Australia and overseas that I first made contact with through a personal blog.

I notice you don’t have a “subscribe to my blog” option. Maybe that’s something you can do.

Do you have your own business twitter account? You can always tweet your posts.

I have also seen people “guest blogging”, which is another way to expand your audience.

I hope this helps.

Kathy

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

You could also share your posts on sites such as Biz Sugar.

GailH
    • Total posts: 217
    Up

List your blog on some of the more popular blog directories too. These are typically free, and don’t take much time to set up, and will automatically update whenever you post a new article.

For sure list yourself on Technocrati and on NetworkedBlogs (which you can set up to automatically post all articles on your Facebook page).

There’s a good list of directories available at http://www.toprankblog.com/rss-blog-directories/

Cheers
    Gail

davidg
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

hi Kerry,

I really like your blog. It’s got a nice clean layout and feel :-)

You don’t have to use facebook, but it is an important tool in today’s world.
    Setting up a fanpage might be a good idea, and you can get your blog posting directly to it to make things easier.

You might be interested in checking out my friend Andrea’s site http://www.amsherpa.com/

I’m sure she can help you get going; she’s been working online for years.

David

nitro-it
    Participant
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

Before getting more people to the blog I would personally change the link colour. Light grey on white is really difficult to read.

Also, consider increasing the size of the precis, I personally hate click ‘More’ or ‘Read More’ and much prefer to see an entire blog post, or at least a large portion of it.

kerrytaka
    Up
    tonyk, post: 83246 wrote:
    first thing that springs to mind is sharing your blog posts with your twitter followers, if you have an account that is.

Thanks Tony but don’t do twitter either – this is again disadvantaging myself no doubt. I think it’s something about not wanting to be indirectly controlled/dependant. I’m a very very small minority I know 😮 Perhaps I have to change my ways !! Thanks for the tip though. Kerry

kerrytaka
    Up
    Kathy Creaner, post: 83247 wrote:
    Hi Kerry

One way to get blog followers is to be one. If you’re actively commenting on other people’s blogs, you’ll find that they and their followers will come and look at yours. I have a whole community of running friends in Australia and overseas that I first made contact with through a personal blog.

I notice you don’t have a “subscribe to my blog” option. Maybe that’s something you can do.

Do you have your own business twitter account? You can always tweet your posts.

I have also seen people “guest blogging”, which is another way to expand your audience.

I hope this helps.

Kathy

Everything helps thanks Kathy :) I’ve only just joined FS and finding it extraordinary the amount of great advice/input I’m receiving. Will see if I can sort the ‘subscribe to my blog’ option. Don’t tweet – just mentioned that one in previous reply to Tony 😮 Will check out other blogs that inspire for sure .
    Again with thanks

kerrytaka
    Up
    davidg, post: 83269 wrote:
    hi Kerry,

I really like your blog. It’s got a nice clean layout and feel :-)

You don’t have to use facebook, but it is an important tool in today’s world.
    Setting up a fanpage might be a good idea, and you can get your blog posting directly to it to make things easier.

You might be interested in checking out my friend Andrea’s site http://www.amsherpa.com/

I’m sure she can help you get going; she’s been working online for years.

David

Thanks for the positive comment David.:) Will check out Andrea’s site so many thanks for passing on the info. Even the word ‘fanpage’ makes me cringe – got to get over that I guess… Cheers Kerry

kerrytaka
    Up
    nitro-it, post: 83273 wrote:
    Before getting more people to the blog I would personally change the link colour. Light grey on white is really difficult to read.

Also, consider increasing the size of the precis, I personally hate click ‘More’ or ‘Read More’ and much prefer to see an entire blog post, or at least a large portion of it.

Thanks for the colour limitation input:). Unfortuantely the site has restrictions but it’s easy for me to manage and I’m really IT hopeless:confused:. If it was too complicated I’m sure it would cause me to hyperventilate !! Thanks again though ~ Cheers Kerry

kerrytaka
    Up
    GailH, post: 83259 wrote:
    List your blog on some of the more popular blog directories too. These are typically free, and don’t take much time to set up, and will automatically update whenever you post a new article.

For sure list yourself on Technocrati and on NetworkedBlogs (which you can set up to automatically post all articles on your Facebook page).

There’s a good list of directories available at http://www.toprankblog.com/rss-blog-directories/

Cheers
    Gail

Many thanks Gail :) Will check out these previously unheard of sites or directory ! Cheers Kerry

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.