Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Blue Oceans

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Cody
    • Total posts: 117
    Up
    ::

Reading the book Blue Ocean Strategies I came across what I thought was a really useful exercise that I think others might too…

“Untapped value is often hidden in complementary products and services. The key is to define the total solution buyers seek when they choose a product or service. A simple way to do so is to think about what happens before, during, and after your product is used.”

Example
    “Few cinema operators worry about how hard or costly it is for people to get babysitters. But they should, because it affects demand for their business. Imagine a movie theatre with a babysitting service.”

I thought about how this would apply to a marketing agency coming to me for copywriting. What happens before during and after I deliver the copy?

Before

• They are busy getting as much info for the job from their client.
    • They are unsure of what info they need to pass on to the copywriter
    • They are unsure of realistic timelines
    • They want to know how much it will cost them and how much they can charge their client for it

During

• They want to know the progress of the job. People hate the unknown.

After

• They want something great to send their client
    • They want their client to make the most of it so they come back for more

I’m sure there is more, but that’s all I could come up with this early in the morning.

Would be great to see if anyone else could take this and apply it to their business and industry.

Cheers,

Cody

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.