Home – New Forums Other discussions Book Club

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    LuckyDip
    • Total posts: 50
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone, just interested to know which books everyone is reading or would recommend reading.

I’ve just started reading The 4 Hour Work Week by Timothy Ferriss and so far so good. I’m just up to the part where I need to start setting some unrealistic goals.

What’s inspiring you?

The Copy Chick
    • Total posts: 963
    Up

I have a Pinterest board of the books I’ve been reading. You’re most welcome to check it out :)

al.giffard
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Hi there,

I really enjoyed The 4 Hour Work Week and it’s one I’ve come back to a couple of times. There are some great lessons in there.

Herb Cohen’s, You Can Negotiate Anything, really appealed to me and I’ve used the techniques in that over and over again. It hit home the importance of sound negotiation skills for business people. I also thought Why Johnny Can’t Brand, by Bill Schley, was a good one.

It’s a bit stock-standard now, but Robert Kiyosaki’s Rich Dad series are, I think, classics for good reason.

Cheers,

Al.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Lucky Dip, Anna and Alan,

If you’re keen for book reviews and suggestions, head over to this thread – one of the longest running and most popular on the forum: Best small business book shelf

Happy reading :)
    Jayne

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

There’s one book that is a MUST READ
    “Flying Solo” Robert Gerrish and Sam Leader, its one of those cant put down books and tell your friends about it books.
    I think we have given 30 something away for you association members and all have said what a great help it has been for solosists.

Peter Drucker “The Principles of Business” and Michael Gerber E –
    Now they should give you all the information about soloism you will need to get your business up and running

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Ah, Burgo, I will never tire of your tireless support of that little book of ours.

It’s only fair to state that Peter Crocker is the third author of the latest version of the book, adding in his expertise about all things digital and what not.

It is very gratifying, too, to hear that it’s helped those in your community. Thank you for sharing that feedback.

Sam (co-author of FSHTGIAIB but author of ALL the book’s good bits)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.