Home – New Forums Money matters Bookkeeping Joint Venture

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up
    ::

This is a shout out to any Melbourne bookkeepers visiting the forum. We are looking at establishing a hybrid “in house” bookkeeping solution for our business clients. Basically an ownership JV with a top bookkeeper.

The issue is that we have so much bookkeeping referred out and not enough top quality bookkeepers to attend to it. Anytime we find a good bookkeeper they obviously max out personal capacity quickly and have no further time.

We have considered the professional employee option but realistically a top quality bookkeeper generally has experience and characteristics that many junior accountants don’t actually possess. It requires a robust understanding of debits and credits AND other skills such as maturity, communication skills, problem solving and of course the ability to work at home, at a client office or at our office (a good percentage of young accountants don’t actually drive). It also requires a genuine commitment to helping the client and this can be hard to create with a junior employee.

So now we a looking at a JV with a great bookkeeper that is perhaps just starting out OR is interested in scaling their bookkeeping operation beyond one person and creating a real business that’s has a decent value (that they co-own with us). We can bring many things to the table to make this work but need someone to drive it – bookkeeping is its not our main focus.

If anyone here in Melbourne is interested please get in touch us and we can go from there.

Cheers
    James

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    Precise Tax Solutions
    Participant
    • Total posts: 172
    Up

I know I’m not in Melbourne, but I sent you an email James.

Cheers

James Millar
    Participant
    Up
    Precise Tax Solutions, post: 261318, member: 98982 wrote:
    I know I’m not in Melbourne, but I sent you an email James.

Cheers

Thanks Ben. Will definitely reach out if we require some assistance in Sydney.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi James – can you possibly shoot me some further information as to what you’re looking for/offering? You might recall we spoke AGES ago now about a bookkeeper friend of mine starting out (she was looking for BAS/Tax agent support at the time, but is now a registered BAS Agent) – she’s running her own biz, but might be interest in something that allows her to scale her business to include a bigger team etc. Don’t think she’s actually on Flying Solo (although I keep telling her to join!) – so, if there’s anything further you could email through to me I’d be happy to pass it on (she’s east suburbs of Melbourne) to see if there’s any interest.

James Millar
    Participant
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 261356, member: 20176 wrote:
    Hi James – can you possibly shoot me some further information as to what you’re looking for/offering? You might recall we spoke AGES ago now about a bookkeeper friend of mine starting out (she was looking for BAS/Tax agent support at the time, but is now a registered BAS Agent) – she’s running her own biz, but might be interest in something that allows her to scale her business to include a bigger team etc. Don’t think she’s actually on Flying Solo (although I keep telling her to join!) – so, if there’s anything further you could email through to me I’d be happy to pass it on (she’s east suburbs of Melbourne) to see if there’s any interest.

Hi Jacqui. At this point we have no fixed design around this. Simply a joint ownership model where each party contributes different resources to develop a new business and most importantly ensure our clients get access to quality bookkeeping. I would be more than happy to chat with your friend.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Thanks James – I’ve sent her a link to your post so she can get in touch if of interest etc.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.