Home – New Forums Starting your journey Boutique Ladies Gym

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sallygym
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

I am looking at establishing a small ladies gym as part of my hydrotherapy and day spa centre. I have a square shaped area of 6.5 mt x 6.5 mt. What basic aerobic and resistance equipment equipment should I look at buying?

[Former] FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi Sally, and welcome to the forum!

That’s an interesting idea! Is the day spa already set up and running? If so, I’d start by asking your existing clientele what equipment they’d like to use? (And if they would use it, and if so how often and how much they would pay for the privilege).

I was involved in a big day spa in London for a few years. They had about 15 treatment rooms running 7 days a week, and were always busy. The owner felt very passionately that he ‘needed’ to have hydrotherapy rooms (Vichy shower, aromatherapy spa bath etc), and invested a huge amount of money into setting them up. He even took treatment rooms away to make it happen. After all his investment in both infrastructure and promotion, clients used these services only around 2-3 times a week, and it cost him more to keep the rooms clean than he ever made from them.

The sad thing was, that he only needed to ask either his staff or his customers what they thought of the idea, and he could have saved himself a whole stack of cash, time and heartache.

So my strong advice is to do your market research before you start!

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do,
    Jayne

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.