Home – New Forums Starting your journey Brick&Mortar Business Owners: Are You Using Online Advertising?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brent
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Just curious how many of you ‘offline’ business owners are using online advertising techniques to generate new business?

… And how effective is it?

Specifically, what techniques are you employing? Adwords? Yellow Pages? etc.

I believe online advertising can really help some B&M businesses but may not be as effective for others.

For example, a small cafe may not benefit greatly from online marketing/advertising, but on the other hand “Bob’s Pest Control” may gain considerable growth from utilizing online marketing.

Let me explain…

There’s currently 6,600 people searching for the term “pest control sydney” in Google – If ‘Bob’ is smart enough and uses PPC marketing to gain a percentage of those searches he could be bringing in new inquiries and sales leads daily. However again, it also depends on how well his website is designed to capture those leads.

So, are you guys using the internet to promote and grow your brick and mortar businesses?

I’d love to hear your experiences.

Brent

Pesty
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

Hi Brent,

We definitely use the net to advertise! We are an actual Pest Control Business (must do a sig!) and are plastered all over the 1st page of Google, though we service Dubbo, Mudgee, Gulgong, Kandos, Rylstone etc out west and not Sydney generally. For us it’s more a case of “Wherever our competition advertise, we need to advertise” So far (we have been in business for 13 months) we have been booking a few jobs for Pre-Purchase Inspections for Sydney based Solicitors on behalf of their clients through Google and Yellow Pages ads. I have listed us with multiple paid and free listings/directories etc and people can find us easily if they do a search. Most of our work does come from word-of-mouth and not the $10,000 we spend a year to advertise! But we knew we had to go up against our biggest competitor being the boys’ former employer, so we muscled up with our marketing campaign and it’s paid off. I went out of my way to find where the competition advertised on the net and did the same only better. People have said that ‘our ad looked the best’ or ‘had the most info’ so they called us. I guess it would depend on the type of business you were running as you said, but for us it all helps with the profile.

Regards,

Nicki
    Mudgee Pest Service

Brent
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Hey Nicki,

Thanks for the response, it’s a coincidence that you guys are in pest control too! May I ask, what mediums of online advertising are you using? If you don’t mind sharing. Also, could I take a look at your website? I may be able to give you some pointers so you can optimize it to bring in more inquiries.

Cheers,
    Brent

Pesty
    Up

Oh and no, we haven’t use Google Adwords, though a local competitor does. Interestingly, he has been around for 30 years and only JUST put up a website last year! There’s nothing like a bit of competition eh? LOL!

Cheers,

Nicki Warren
    Mudgee Pest Service

Pesty
    Up

Hi Brent,

No I don’t mind at al, we are at:http://www.pest-control-mudgee.websyte.com.au/. I’ve listed us with :Logonlocal, Startlocal, Truelocal, Smartbuild, Hotfrog, Business.com.au, Quotify, Yellow Pages Online and the printed directory just from memory but I’m sure there are others I’ve forgotten. Although our site is a basic one (we actually have 4 almost identical sites for our 4 most common serviced towns) it ranks high on Google so that the ‘other mob’ are a bit eclipsed by us! It’s always been the plan to have our own extremely personalised site to promote what we do later on and link it to the site above to beef the ranking! I also have a new business project in the works at: http://www.flutterbystyle.com.au/index.php. Once the site is finished and loaded with my products, I’ll be promoting the hell out of it online and off, but it IS an online business.

Regards,

Nicki Warren
    Mudgee Pest Service

Gordon Akman
    • Total posts: 229
    Up

Hi Nicki,
    I like all the scary bug pictures on your site. They nearly scared me into calling for a quote lol

Pesty
    Up

Thanks Gordon! Yes we love giving quotes lol. The pics are only stock ones but these mean little bugs are great advertising! Imagine those things chomping away at your house?

Cheers,

Nicki

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.