Home – New Forums Starting your journey Brisbane Business Coach Needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Alistair
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,
    I am looking for a good and affordable business coach in Brisbane. If anyone could recomend someone I would be most appreciative.

joanbell
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Hi MM,

Just a thought. Have you considered telephone/Skype coaching?

You then don’t need to limit your search to Brisbane or Australia. It is extremely effective, affordable and you save time and effort by phoning from wherever you happen to be.

Costs vary enormously and aren’t always indicative of service. I have sent you a link privately to some low cost and experienced professional coaches.

BTW I am not on that list. I am not a Business Coach

Joan

SmartSocialMedia
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi Miracle Man,
    You should consider The Executive Connection. They are Australia’s oldest and largest Chief Executive organisation. They have a number of different membership levels to suit your business size and requirements.

I’ve been a member for 7 years and believe it has been instrumental in helping me grow my company and deal with not only day to day issues but also long term and strategic issues.

I’d be happy to introduce you to one of their team so you can find out more. Please feel free to contact me directly if you’d like more information or want to know about my experience with TEC

Mark Parker

NeuroWebDesign
    • Total posts: 34
    Up

I too would like to hear about any Business coaches in Brisbane. I suppose the Skype idea could work as well.

Would I be able to get a copy of that list?

Thankyou,
    Brad.

@HeatherSmithAU
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

Hi all,

I believe Robert Gerrish (Flying Solo founder) is a business coach & obviously a small business expert. I have listened to his CD’s we were given at Flying Solo live, and they are very good, as well as the many articles he has written here.

Andrew Griffiths
    http://www.andrewgriffiths.com.au/ also spoke at Flying Solo live and has written numerous books – he has a business coaching plan that he offers via skype. I am reading thru his books at the moment, and formalising lots of great ideas and tips he shares.

I am based in Brisbane, and am planning on offering Business Development sessions this year. Amongst other things I am a chartered accountant/MYOB consultant, and contributing writer for Flying Solo. I never set out to offer “Business Coasching or Business Development” assistance. But what has happened is a lot of my clients have asked it of me, and numerous people have approached me about it, so I have decided to test the water, and offer Biz development sessions.

I am not in the same class as Andrew Griffiths or Robert Gerrish, but if you do want to talk business, than I am available.

I am based in Brisbane, and I can offer sessions via SKYPE (with video~ which is awesome).

Please feel free to have a look at my website http://www.aniseconsulting.com or contact me directly “07 3843 6040”

Have an awesome day!!

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Many thanks Heather!

In reality I am coaching very little these days and am currently unable to take on new clients.

MiracleMan if you’re still on the search I would recommend using the search facility of the International Coach Federation.

http://www.icfaustralasia.com/FindACoach.php

The ICF system of accreditation is recognised internationally as one of the finest.

Robert

richkoto
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Hi, I represent a network of business coaches/consultants right across the country.

Please see our website for further details: http://www.expertiseondemand.com.au

The first meeting with our consultants is free of charge and no obligation.

Thanks.

Helen R
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    richkoto, post: 27325 wrote:
    Hi, I represent a network of business coaches/consultants right across the country.

Please see our website for further details: http://www.expertiseondemand.com.au

The first meeting with our consultants is free of charge and no obligation.

Thanks.
    HI richkoto – I tried your link but it doesn’t work

Helen R
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

I have a fair idea how I would evaluate a business coach, and would be eager to know others think are the characteristics for evaluating a business coach

yourvirtualboard
    • Total posts: 569
    Up

Hello Alisair,

I would be able to point you in the direction of some great coaches I have worked with in the Brisbane area if you still have a need. Like many have already commented online may also be an option and in that regard you may want to check out http://www.bizcoachonline.com.au

You may also like to check out http://yourvirtualboard.com.au/support4business-2/ where you can do some self evaluation of you business (free report without any obligation).

@ Helen R, with regards to evaluation; as an advisor / coach / mentor myself I would not hire anyone that hasn’t achieved first hand some of the things I would be looking to do in my business and to take it further I would prefer to talk to clients that this person has recently worked with to find out where and what some specifics of success might have been. I believe there are too many people that have zero track record buying into a franchise and then coaching from a template and in the process lowering the standard of coaching. I would recommend looking for people that have a solid track record in business before they decided to coach / advise.

JanF
    • Total posts: 83
    Up
    Helen R, post: 58058 wrote:
    I have a fair idea how I would evaluate a business coach, and would be eager to know others think are the characteristics for evaluating a business coach

Business Coaches/Mentors/Consultants can be a waste of money. Who to go with is not a decision that should be taken lightly.

We have published a Free Guide to Choosing a Consultant which you can download.

The Skype only idea is not really feasible in my view. Physically seeing and understanding the work environment is crucial. We mix our caoching/consulting with both on site visits and Skype for our country clients and find that works really well.

4N_Man
    • Total posts: 122
    Up

Hi,

I’m not in Qld so can’t help but my general advice based on my own and friends experience is;

– have a live coach, nothing like sitting down over a coffee to get to the guts of the matter, SKYPE etc ok on and off but you need regular face to face

– keep away from high priced ones that don’t give a guarantee eg Action etc. My brother worked as a coach in another country and they charged $35k p.a but gave a money back guarantee based on performance criteria.

– look into Govt sponsored services. My first coach was a freebie from a Govt system and he was superb. He also charged privately so he wasn’t just a dreamer

– do what they say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are not prepared to listen and act forget it now. They will push you, challenge and scare the pants off you so if you are a risk adverse fearful person don’t bother, in fact your better off selling up now and getting a ‘real’ job.

– consider having a formal/informal person join your board of directors – even though you are small you can act like you are a proper company. I’m starting a new venture and have asked a retired gentlemen of some considerable experience on my board – he’s retired and bored, it’s a win win.

Good luck and enjoy the ride,

David Jardine
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

I recommend Blair Harding for any business coaching in Queensland. He is a client of mine (for web work not coaching) and one of the top Action Coaches in the world and is an absolute powerhouse. You can call him on 0417 992 791 and you can tell him I recommended him to you. You can also see his website here:

http://www.actioncoach.com/blairharding

Hope it helps.

DJ

SalesExpert
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Good business coaches are hard to find, as previously mentioned look for someone with actual experience and success as an entrepreneur.

Personally I can help with sales strategy, approach and closing win win deals. This is only one piece of the puzzel as you still need marketing (marketing and sales are different beasts) financials etc.

Others in the forum have made some reccomendations, I personally found test driving a few people and then picking out what I beleive is based on good sense the information they provided.

I hope this helps.
    Ray

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.