Home – New Forums Tech talk Brisbane Dedicated Server Hosting

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #968194
    Samot
    Member
    • Total posts: 157
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hey guys, can anyone recommend a dedicated/vds/vps hosting provider for brisbane?

    Thanks

    #1031594
    websitedesigner
    Member
    • Total posts: 917
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hey mate I run a web design agency and I’ve used that many providers over the years to manage our servers. I haven’t found anyone great in Brisbane unfortunately. I have found some good ones in Sydney and in Chicago which I would be happy to talk to you about perhaps PM me and I can send you some info privately.

    #1031595
    scotty
    Member
    • Total posts: 24
    Up
    0
    ::

    For Brisbane, I’ll be looking at

    OzServers.com.au (budget dedicated servers)
    BurstNetworks.com.au (very cheap virtual servers)
    DedicatedServers.net.au (E3 is all over Australia, but might still do dedicated servers in Pegasus DC in Brisbane)

    #1031596
    Raky
    Member
    • Total posts: 56
    Up
    0
    ::

    Give matty a call: http://matlib.com.au/

    He’s a good friend of mine – he should be able to help.

    #1031597
    Samot
    Member
    • Total posts: 157
    Up
    0
    ::

    Thanks for reccomendations guys.

    I actually signed up with http://bluefibre.com.au

    Was very happy with the sign up process and the server seems to be running perfectly.

    Its hosted in Brisbane and its a Virtual Dedicated Server instead

    #1031598
    Shayne
    Member
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    0
    ::

    For anyone else looking for a Dedicated Server there is also http://www.solidservers.com.au,they are hosted in the Sanity Technology datacenter (Brisbane) the same as bluefiber, now called Kadeo.

    #1031599
    BrisvegasDe
    Member
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi everyone

    I’m looking into this same issue now for our business. I notice the last post/reply was early 2011…so I’m thinking there might be some more up to date recommendations now.

    I’m also looking for a dedicated/vds/vps hosting provider for brisbane. Who would you recommend and why? Many thanks.

    #1031600
    Netorigin
    Member
    • Total posts: 421
    Up
    0
    ::
    BrisvegasDe, post: 157562 wrote:
    Hi everyone

    I’m looking into this same issue now for our business. I notice the last post/reply was early 2011…so I’m thinking there might be some more up to date recommendations now.

    I’m also looking for a dedicated/vds/vps hosting provider for brisbane. Who would you recommend and why? Many thanks.

    Hi BrisvegasDe,

    Does the dedicated server or virtual server have to be located in Brisbane? Sydney is one of the most popular cities for hosting in Australia and the latency difference negligible.

    Also do you have a particular budget in mind along with requirements such as CPU, disk space, RAM and bandwidth?

    Regards,

    Shaun

    #1031601
    BrisvegasDe
    Member
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    0
    ::
    NetOrigin, post: 157583 wrote:
    Hi BrisvegasDe,

    Does the dedicated server or virtual server have to be located in Brisbane? Sydney is one of the most popular cities for hosting in Australia and the latency difference negligible.

    Also do you have a particular budget in mind along with requirements such as CPU, disk space, RAM and bandwidth?

    Regards,

    Shaun

    Hi Shaun
    Thanks for your reply. Would prefer it to be in Brisbane (especially if it’s a dedicated server). Do you know of a company here? We operate out of 2 locations – Bris and Sunshine Coast hinterland.

    We only have 4 users so we are a small data user (in the big scheme of things!) – we currently house our own server at our office, but we want a more flexible solution – which allows us to work from any location, power supply / redundancy / back-up / security issues are handled by the service provider. Sorry don’t have all that tech info handy. Did you have a company in mind?

    We’re exploring the options: a) moving our own server into a data centre b) renting a server in a data centre or c) renting space on a private or public ‘cloud’ server.

    I know there are pro’s and con’s for each option … so working through them all, to figure out what will suit us best. Would appreciate your input / ideas / recommendations. Thanks.

    #1031602
    Netorigin
    Member
    • Total posts: 421
    Up
    0
    ::
    BrisvegasDe, post: 157586 wrote:
    Hi Shaun
    Thanks for your reply. Would prefer it to be in Brisbane (especially if it’s a dedicated server). Do you know of a company here? We operate out of 2 locations – Bris and Sunshine Coast hinterland.

    We only have 4 users so we are a small data user (in the big scheme of things!) – we currently house our own server at our office, but we want a more flexible solution – which allows us to work from any location, power supply / redundancy / back-up / security issues are handled by the service provider. Sorry don’t have all that tech info handy. Did you have a company in mind?

    We’re exploring the options: a) moving our own server into a data centre b) renting a server in a data centre or c) renting space on a private or public ‘cloud’ server.

    I know there are pro’s and con’s for each option … so working through them all, to figure out what will suit us best. Would appreciate your input / ideas / recommendations. Thanks.

    For dedicated servers and colocation in Brisbane, you can take a look at the following companies listed below:

    http://www.ozservers.com.au
    http://www.dedicatedservers.net.au
    http://www.sanitytechnology.com.au

    Regards,

    Shaun

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.