Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Brisbane Nth Side Small Group Interested ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    ::

Hello all

You can now book and pay for your tickets to the wordmistress Christmas Lunch on Friday 10th December by clicking here. For more information, view further details here.

The wordmistress lunches are usually free to attend (just buy your own lunch). But being Christmas, I thought I’d arrange something more special :)

Please also feel free to contact me on 0404 879 100.

call your clients
    • Total posts: 70
    Up

Hi guys,

I started up my business up a few months ago and a friend of mine said that I really needed to go to a business networking breakfast group. I’d never heard of them but he was going to one at Bulimba that week so I tagged along. It was great and I could see the value in them so I asked the organiser, Julie if there was one over my way, which is the Strathpine area. There wasn’t so to cut a long story short I, with Doug and Julie’s help, started one up here.
    Now there are business networking groups and there are business networking groups! Be very careful because some expect you to bring referrals for the others in the group each week. Often not very practical that’s for sure. But mine is all about getting together with like minded people who are often in the same boat and would love to meet up once a week and chat. Julie organises a key speaker each week for us – last week was a marketing guru and the week before was a DOCTOR of business who gave us some really clever and helpful hints and tips. Accidentally what happens is that we all end up getting referrals of some kind amongst us because that’s simply what happens. How often has one of your friends or business acquaintances said, “do you know a good … “? Removalist, webdesigner, accountant, solicitor, landscaper, mechanic, IT tech, hairdresser, etc etc. and you give them a name and they call them straight up. That’s what happens with us. We meet at the Coffee Club at Strathpine on Wednesday mornings at 7.00 am (yeah very early but we’ve all got work to do) but next Wednesday morn 8th Dec is the last for the year until after Christmas, well next year actually but I’ll keep you posted or feel free to email me on [email protected] for any questions. We’d love to see you there.

wordmistress
    Up

Well done, Maria! I think there’s a great deal of value in a social meeting where there is no pressure to achieve referral quotas and so on. I’ve been running my monthly lunches since April and those who attend enjoy the opportunity to just sit, relax and have a conversation with others who might be experiencing similar things.

Good on you, all the best for 2011 :)

call your clients
    Up
    vids, post: 57240 wrote:
    Hello,

I would be interested in attending the meeting. My knowledge is in information & technology, websites. So it would be nice to know people and work out ideas for startup.

Can I get details of the meeting when held. It would be good to have over the weekend, as weekdays are extremely busy with work.

Thanks,

Would love to see you at a breakfast at the Coffee Club at Strathpine every Wednesday mornings at 7.00 am to hang out with like minded. Last one for the year next Wed 8th but starting up again next year. Run by a really lovely person (just ask me) :o)

call your clients
    Up
    vids, post: 57200 wrote:
    I would be interested in attending this too. It would be great to talk to people with the same mindset. I live in CLayfield. How about we meet sometime during the end of year or beginning 2011 to make a new year start!!!

Is Strathpine too far away from Clayfield? We meet once a week at the Coffee Club on Gympie road but this Wed 8th Dec is the last for the year but we’d love for you to pop out and see for yourself if it’s what you’re looking for. The first visit is free courtesy of the lovely owner Craig at the Coffee Club and you get your choice of breakfasts (I began with the bacon and eggs but have graduated to the muesli and greek yoghurt with berries, and occassionally I slip into the poached eggs over turkey bread with melted cheese and fanned avocado) – Gosh I’m making myself hungry !! Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any questions. I’d love to hear from you.

call your clients
    Up
    AgentMail, post: 57052 wrote:
    Hi Guys,

Any feedback on how this went? Are you arranging another meeting anytime soon? I am also in Redcliffe and would be keen to meet up. My experience is strong sales, telephone and face to face.

regards,
    Carl
    http://www.agentmail.com.au

Hi Carl,

My experience is telephone too. We have a lovely, friendly breakfast at Strathpine Coffee Club each Wed morning but this is our last for the year next Wed 8th Dec but would really love to see you there – won’t cost you anything for the first visit and you get a lovely breakfast. Email me if you have any questions on [email protected]

call your clients
    Up
    alboyd, post: 49903 wrote:
    I would definitely be interested in this. I’m in North Lakes. I’ve literally just signed up to this site btw and this is my first post! It’s also 1:20am so I’m going to revisit this in the morning and looking forward to reading more on the forums and getting involved!

I’ll post an intro soon!

But please keep me in mind if you can for this because I think I would enjoy getting involved in this group.

Cheers!

Why are you up at 1.20 in the morning looking at this site honey?? But we currently have a “business networking breakfast” sounds frightfully formal but it isn’t, every Wed morn at the Coffee Club at Strathpine but this Wed 8th Dec is the last one for year. We’d love to have you come along and check us out – and first visit is free for breakfast of bacon and eggs etc. Give me an email if you have any queries – maria@call your clients.com.au

call your clients
    Up
    Warwick C, post: 50616 wrote:
    I’d be very interested. My area is manufacturing & operations management, but sales & marketing is my Achilles heel. I’d love the opportunity to work through ideas to cut through to clients with fellow soloists.

Would love to see you a a networking breakfast (not too formal) that we have every Wed morn at the Coffee club at Strathpine but this Wed 8th Dec is the last for the year. Free breakfast for your first visit (bacon & eggs, muesli etc). Pls email me for more details – [email protected]
    We have a key speaker each week who volunteers their time and we are due to have a marketing guru to give us some hints and tips – might be helpful. Where are you based?

call your clients
    Up
    StudyFinder, post: 52174 wrote:
    This sounds like a great idea, I am on the North Side too (Chermside area), knowledge I bring would be marketing, sales, strategy and education. My business is in education, helping people find, compare and study…I look forward to seeing a place and date to meet.

Martin Lock
    MD, StudyFinder Pty Ltd
    http://www.studyfinder.com.au

Hi Martin,

I would love to invite you to our breakfasts at Strathpine on Wed morning 8th Dec at 7 am (I know really early !) but it’s a great opportunity to meet like minded people like us and “network” (used to hate that word). If interested pls email me or call or simply show up. [email protected]

call your clients
    Up
    ShanDesign, post: 49965 wrote:
    Hello,

I would be interested in this too! Sounds like a great idea.

I would love to invite you to our breakfasts at Strathpine on Wed morning 8th Dec at 7 am (I know really early !) but it’s a great opportunity to meet like minded people like us (small business owners or soloists) and “network” (used to hate that word). If interested pls email me or call or simply show up. [email protected]

msbutton
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

I am very interested in meeting up with other small business owners. It’s quite lonely launching a business on your own and as long as the session is quite structured and everyone gets a turn at speaking and engaging with everyone etc…would be awesome…I come from an internet marketing background and am based in Arana Hills :)

wordmistress
    Up

Hi there, you’d be most welcome to attend the wordmistress networking lunches. They are held on the second Wednesday of every month (next one 9th Feb) at The Stafford Tavern. They are free to attend, you just buy your lunch if you want to eat. There are usually 15 or more people in attendance and The Stafford Tavern donates a free $50 voucher to be drawn amongst attendees.

Free parking, great food and a fantastic group of people. Email me via my site if you’d like to talk further. :)

msbutton, post: 63196 wrote:
    I am very interested in meeting up with other small business owners. It’s quite lonely launching a business on your own and as long as the session is quite structured and everyone gets a turn at speaking and engaging with everyone etc…would be awesome…I come from an internet marketing background and am based in Arana Hills :)
    Five Star PA
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

Hi there,

I’m really interested in coming along to this next one. What time do they begin at Stafford?

Meredith

wordmistress
    Up

Hi Meredith, it’d be a pleasure to have you along!! I usually state 11.30am but people usually arrive from 12 onwards. You can stay as long as you like.

Hope to see you on Wednesday of next week!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Is there still any current happening for Brisbane Northside.

I am interested at looking into this if anyone can let me know

Kind regards

Trev

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.