Home – New Forums New here? Share your story British Citizens living in OZ, wanting to start a business…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    oliviervives
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

As the title suggests I’m one of three Brits who live in Sydney. We want to start a business here and sponsor ourselves to work for our own business on a 457 visa. we’ve looked into this and we can fulfill all the obligations for this to happen.

However, as British citizens we require an Australian citizen to be a Director of the company also. Does anyone know how much, if any, of the company the director has to own? Can the Director be completely silent? Does the Director require any previous business ownership? Does the Director need to be paid a salary? Basically all the finer details of setting up with an Australian director in order for us to be able to start our business is entirely unknown to us.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Hi olivervives,

Welcome to Flying Solo :)

I’m not the right person to answer your question, but I did want to apologise that your first post got held up in our moderation queue for a while.

It’s here now though, and hopefully some knowledgeable peeps will be along soon to point you in the right direction.

All the best for the new venture,
    Jayne

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.