Home – New Forums Tech talk Broadcasting & recording a seminar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    IronMaiden
    • Total posts: 125
    Up
    ::

I’ve recently joined a NFP/Charity organisation. They’re very small with a tiny budget. They run seminars 4x a year and their members who are mostly bedbound would love to be part of the action or at least be able to get hold of a good copy of the seminar afterwards.
    Ideally the convenors would love to broadcast over the web giving members the opportunity to ask questions, however they have no idea what technology would work, giving them good sound quality. The last time they tried recording the file was huge and they couldn’t upload to YouTube so they gave up.

Anyone got any ideas how they could broadcast with good sound? They need to keep both the presenter and the slideshow in view as well as present good sound. They’ve bought a microphone but it wasn’t great. No idea about. FB Live didnt work. Not sure why. They were using an iPad. Any suggestions re equipment, platforms and how to set up would be welcome.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

I wonder if Facebook Live would work?

If you follow any blogs with video content, you might be able to ask the owner what microphone they use.

Others may have more specific advice.

Cheers

pmullen
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

This episode on Shop Talk Show about podcasting may help.

They talk about different microphones to use while recording. From memory, they give plenty examples of low-end and high-end equipment and how to get the best sound quality. Might be helpful?

IronMaiden
    Up

Thanks guys. I don’t think FB Live gives you the opportunity to keep a saved version or reproduce/edit the video. They apparently sell DVD’s of the seminars to members (as a way of raising funds). They need some way of recording live, including the powerpoint presentations that the presenter has, as well as being able to reproduce and/or upload somewhere that members can access it later on. I think one lady used her iPad to record but the sound quality was poor and the file size huge. They were thinking of hosting it on OneDrive for members to download. They’ve tried a couple microphones but they weren’t brilliant.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Some local business groups are already FB Living some of their events. It’s a very now thing to do and is as simple as connecting a web cam to your Facebook account. Ipad will do the trick, but more importantly is the reliability and speed of your internet connection to get the best results.

IronMaiden
    Up
    arrowwise, post: 250681, member: 54026 wrote:
    Some local business groups are already FB Living some of their events. It’s a very now thing to do and is as simple as connecting a web cam to your Facebook account. Ipad will do the trick, but more importantly is the reliability and speed of your internet connection to get the best results.

Therein lies the issue. Appropriate equipment – they need to know what to use. The other problem is that FB Live from what I understand, doesn’t give you the opportunity to download the file for editing and copying to DVD for sale.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.