Home – New Forums New here? Share your story building better business models to service small and micro businesses

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    B2705
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Greeting All

I am a new member to this website. I am a chartered accountant by training (although not working as one) and have been working in financial services industry the last 15 years.

I am researching the pain points for small and micro businesses especially in the areas of financial and business management – accounting, cash flow management and financial advice.

I would eventually like to start my own business servicing this segment but would like to better understand the gaps, the under-served areas to tweek my business model before plunging in. I am particularly interested in how technology can be better used to service this segment.

I tried to have a conversation with my accountant but he did not seem motivated enough to explore it. I am looking for people who can work with me on alternative business models and perhaps even work on a start up together if the value proposition is validated by our research.

Some areas I am interested in further exploring are

1. Provision of accounting/business services to small/micro business – yes I know there are a plethora of these but I don’t see the existence of a successful business model that provides the basic needs at a affordable cost and allows collaboration (by leveraging technology) with the business owner on a ongoing basis.

2. Provision of financial advice/planning for such businesses and eventually the mass market.

If anyone is interested in collaborating/researching this with me a, I would love to hear from you.

Thanks

Cheers

B

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi there B2705,

Thanks for joining the forum and sharing your ideas with us.

I hope you find some great brainstorming opportunities here, and will be interested in learning more about how it all unfolds for you.

Best of luck,
    Jayne

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi B2705,

Welcome to the forum,
    I admire your vision and I hope you successfully mould your business into a profitable niche.

Kind regards,

Steve

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.